Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

[Solved] Image Grabber not working.

If you found a bug, please post it here and we will try to eleminate it as soon as possible.

[Solved] Image Grabber not working.

Postby Mcdos » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:03 pm

I Use:
- Canon 100D.
- Mitsubishi w027701
- 150 mm CalibPanel.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54769729/%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8C%D1%88%D0%B5%20%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%88%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5.zip
Image Grabber not working, and i don't understand, what is wrong.
When i load images DAVID not reacting. What is precept for image grabber's images?
Mcdos

Re: Image Grabber not working.

Postby Sven » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi,

I can reproduce the problem. I think the problem is the resolution:
The Image Grabber and Video Grabber require image width and height to be a multiple of 4. Please choose a different scale or image region so that the resolution is (multiple of 4) * (multiple of 4). Then it should work.

Also please rename your images:
- Camera Calibration image: filename should contain “cam_calib”
- SL pattern images: filenames should contain “image” and be sorted alphabetically
- Texture or White Balance image: filename should contain “texture”[/list]

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Mcdos » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:35 am

Problem is David not understands kirilick font may()
Проблема в том, что David не распознает кириллические пути. Не знаю, что с другими языками.
And i can't calibrate from images - I don't know why. I think use emulation of high resolition camera for calibration(vmix), and after use image for scan.
Mcdos

Postby Sven » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:42 am

I have tested with your images from your dropbox.
The problem is NOT cyrillic characters, there are no cyrillic characters in your files.
The problem is the image resolution of 691*1037, which is not a multiple of 4.
Please use a different image resolution, e.g. 688*1032.
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby OvaR8ed » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:47 pm

I wondered why certain image resolutions causes the software to display everything "picasso style" and then fails to calibrate... I thought it was a size issue and restricted myself to 800 x 600 (which works some of the time).

My image grabber produces inconsistent results, i.e. I can feed it exactly the same set of images twice, then, sometimes it calibrates, sometimes it doesn't (and sometimes it just crashes violently).

I found re-sizing images smaller and converting to 8-bit indexed bitmaps improves performance a lot, but there are still a lot of unexplained bugs in the image grabber software that I would love to see thoroughly tested.
OvaR8ed

Postby Sören » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:20 am

@OvaR8ted: Without the images, it is hard to tell what causes the problems in your case. Could you make the problematic image set(s) available for us to test?
Sören
DAVID Developer

Postby OvaR8ed » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:01 am

I think I figured out the problem... bit more testing required, but I'm starting to get repeatable results
OvaR8ed

Postby Curiousjeff » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:12 am

And what was the problem ?
Panasonic GH4 4K with lens 12-35, Inogeni 4K to USB3 hdmi capture device, projectors: Acer K135/Acer K11/NEC V260X, Canon 60D, macro 60 mm, MagicLantern
Curiousjeff

Postby OvaR8ed » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Curiousjeff wrote:And what was the problem ?

A lot of stuff... struggling with rainbows in the photos, photo resolution was all wrong, camera aperture settings wrong, I programmed some filters in photoshop to prep the photos for image grabber, etc.

I'm slowly getting there, but I'm still having problems repeating results consistently, and as soon as the ambient light settings changes, the fun starts all over...

Regarding the rainbows, how do I check the refresh rate of the projector?
OvaR8ed

Postby Curiousjeff » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm

This is adjusted by the graphic card of the computer. Sometimes it can be changed in fine increaments with some cards.

In any case, 60hz is available. That's standard.

Often, when a projector starts. it display resolution and frequency for a few seconds.

Make sure all your Keystone are "off" in the menu of the projector itself (not on the PC).

On the LCD screen of your camera, you should not (nearly) see lines going across the screen. If you do, you must adjust the shutter speed to remove them.

All settings on the camera MUST be in manual mode: aperture, shutter speed, focus.

Jeff
Panasonic GH4 4K with lens 12-35, Inogeni 4K to USB3 hdmi capture device, projectors: Acer K135/Acer K11/NEC V260X, Canon 60D, macro 60 mm, MagicLantern
Curiousjeff

Return to Bug Report