Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

custom turntable timeout in case of long fine registration

If you found a bug, please post it here and we will try to eleminate it as soon as possible.

custom turntable timeout in case of long fine registration

Postby mr_cg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:28 pm

I am using Arduino Turntable and i have realized timeout issue in case the "Auto Align to previous" feature is used (and the fine registration takes some more time) for automated scanning.

"S" from Arduino to David
"S" from David to Arduino
Scanning process with changing the pattern starts
"T" from David to Arduino when last pattern was scanned
"Z" from David to Arduino when scan is saved
David starts now to align (if set) the scan
"2" from David to Arduino

Usually the turntable triggers the next scan by sending "S" (Arduino => David) and the whole process starts again.
Unfortunately David does not recognize/buffer the "S" from Arduino in case it is sent before last "2" message.

David should buffer the "S" from Arduino and start next round scanning when alignment is done ("2" sent from David to Arduino).
The bug could be also called as feature. Depends on the perspective of the things. ;-)

Thanks
Christian
DAVID4 Pro v4.3.6 (64bit) - david-cam-3.1-m - IDS UEYE UI-1540-M - Canon EOS 600d (Canon Lens: EF-S 18-135 IS) - Acer K135i Projector + 37mm Close-Up Lens
mr_cg

Re: custom turntable timeout in case of long fine registrati

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:28 am

Hi Christian,
The message "2" can help here. Why don't you let the Arduino wait until "2" is received before sending the next "S"?
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Return to Bug Report