Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

[Solved] uEye Cam Crashes

If you found a bug, please post it here and we will try to eleminate it as soon as possible.

[Solved] uEye Cam Crashes

Postby opal man » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Please be patient with me as I am new to all this. I first bought the Laserscanner with the hand held laser, which I found not too good, so I went out and bought a Projector and a high quality Ueye cam. The problem I have is that when I goto select the camera type in David, it keeps crashing the program. I have installed the drivers for UEye. It did work once and then the next day it kept crashing. Please Help...
opal man

Re: uEye Cam Crashes

Postby hal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:00 am

Hello,
did you read this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5570&p=28422&hilit=uEye+Cam#p28422
Seems user Godehardt have experience with that. Maybe a PM to him will solve your problem.

Regards,
Mattia
hal

Postby MagWeb » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:06 am

Oh, Mattia was faster but in detail:

I could solve this installing the Ueye DirectShow package after the Ueye's basic installation again.

You can get it, depending on your OS here:
http://de.ids-imaging.com/download-ueye-interfaces.html#DirectShow
Click on 4.32 in the table in the DirectShow column, download and install.

Here an Ueye works fine. This seems to be no problem within DAVID but a Ueye problem.
MagWeb

Postby hal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:15 am

Great you are, Gunter!
Thanks!
hal

Postby Godehardt » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:30 am

As Gunter (magweb) wrote, this additional software from ids Imaging for the DirectShow solved the problem. Meanwhile, there is a very new version of the driver for uEye cameras available (version 4.4) which I will test very soon. Maybe that it now contains the DirectShow driver.
Best regards
Erhard Godehardt
Godehardt

Return to Bug Report