Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

[Solved] Missing COM PortName setting in v 3.9.1 - 4092

If you found a bug, please post it here and we will try to eleminate it as soon as possible.

[Solved] Missing COM PortName setting in v 3.9.1 - 4092

Postby jhfelectric » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Hello,
This evening I wanted to have a look at this specific functionality, but I just could not find where to select a com port number in the advanced settings. Is this missing ?
Thx,
Julien
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Advanced Settings - COM section
jhfelectric

Re: Missing COM PortName setting in v 3.9.1 - 4092

Postby WalterMo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Julien,

The COM port address cannot be set in the Advanced Settings. Here you only have to set a hook to enable this communication.
Please read this:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5784&p=27635&hilit

Walter
WalterMo

Postby jhfelectric » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks Walter for your quick reply, I feel sorry I should have read ALL the forum threads, and not only the first hundreds...
Your how-to with arduino is very nice and I feel inspired ! As Sven writes, the COM number can be selected in the hardware setup section.
Still, I'd like to point that the wiki is rather outdated on this subject, as you can see in the attached file.
Thank you.
Julien
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.21 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
jhfelectric

Postby WalterMo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Yes, you are right, the Wiki should be updated. But there are so many things to do for Sven. Where shall he start?

But if all DAVID information sources would be permanently up-to-date, what shall we moderators and other people do who like to help? To sit on one's hands?
:wink:

Walter
WalterMo

Return to Bug Report