Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

[HelpNeeded] BUG IN 3.9.1.4092 64 bit

If you found a bug, please post it here and we will try to eleminate it as soon as possible.

[HelpNeeded] BUG IN 3.9.1.4092 64 bit

Postby kknapp » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Crashed several times while in shapefusion combining scans. Had no problems after 100's of projects in 3.9 after upgrading computer.

Computer 64 bit. Intel 3.5GHZ, 16GB RAM.

Going back to 3.9

Ken
kknapp

Re: BUG IN 3.9.1.4092 64 bit

Postby Sven » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi Ken,
Do you still have that problem? We have had no other reports that 3.9.1 would be less stable than 3.9.0...
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Re: BUG IN 3.9.1.4092 64 bit

Postby Sven » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 pm

We have just returned from the Euromold fair. I will post some pictures later...
There we had 4 scanners running all the time, 4 days * 9 hours. Hundreds of scans. All 64-bit systems. Not a single crash.

Of course it's possible to crash DAVID, but I can't reproduce a problem at the moment...
Ken, If you still have that problem, please let me know in more detail how to reproduce it.

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Re: [SOLVED?] ]BUG IN 3.9.1.4092 64 bit

Postby argo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:09 pm

I did not check the previous versions but this current versions crashes alot while working in shape fusion.
and it mostly happens when switching between align and cleaning tools and selecting and deselecting the scans.!!
Sven wrote:There we had 4 scanners running all the time, 4 days * 9 hours. Hundreds of scans. All 64-bit systems. Not a single crash.

Sven ofcurse the way you treat David is not same as ours. dont think logically and just do some irrational things in shape fusion and you will see the crashes. and by the way those irrational actions maybe is a logical to someone like me as a newbie!
Yesterday i was working on a portrait scan and it suddenly crashed as usual. so there was not any mood to scan that person again.
but before that i could make a screen shot and that is what has left for me :)
2013-12-10_20-48-57.png

Regards,
argo

Postby Sven » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi Argo,
OK then please give me a way to reproduce a crash. Which order of mouse clicks or which scan data cause the crash?
Are you working with a large number of scans? With textures or without? 32 bit or 64 bit?
Thanks
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby MagWeb » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:13 pm

@ User nonsense (at Windows7):
To force a crash: Set fusion resolution to negative :lol: via advanced settings and do a fusion - Should be easy to fix,

EDIT:
To hide a textured fusion result ( Same idea - I'm not that creative in doing nonsense): Set CalibNumPointPairs to negative and do a fusion - David ends fusion in TextureFusionStep 1. There's a FusionResult without texture(you can save/reload it) but it isn´t rendered in ShowFusion.

Just funny things - I don´t have any problems here with Shapefusion's stability using it reasonable.
MagWeb

Postby argo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi Sven
Sven wrote:OK then please give me a way to reproduce a crash. Which order of mouse clicks or which scan data cause the crash?

It is hard to produce the sequence as i do not remember what i have done so far :D
But i attached a video clip that shows the crash. (surely i dont do this crazy selection and deselection while working with David, but something similar :D)
screen-recorder-868-630_(new).rar
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 140 times

MagWeb wrote:To force a crash: Set fusion resolution to negative via advanced settings and do a fusion

:D :D

Regards,
argo

Postby Sven » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:53 pm

:twisted: :wink:
Please don't try negative values in any more Advanced Settings...

Seriously, if you find a "normal" way to cause a crash, let me know.
EDIT: Just seen argo's post above. Looking into it.

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Sven » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi Argo,
Thanks for your video.
I have just repeated the same sequence of clicks with 3 arbitrary scans. Here it does not crash... What can we do?
If you repeat the same procedure, does it crash again?
If yes, maybe you can send me your 3 scans?

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit version?

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby argo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Sven wrote:If you repeat the same procedure, does it crash again?

I checked that while you were watching the video.
It happens in different procedures.. sometimes with 2 more clicks, sometimes with 3 more!!
but is it all related to selecting align tool and visiblity of scans i guess.
Those scans just gone.. and i did scan of other objects. and crash still is there. but in different ways.

I am using 64-bit version and 4gb memory.

regards,
argo

Re: [HelpNeeded] BUG IN 3.9.1.4092 64 bit

Postby argo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi Sven,

This is the third time ,David crashes today. (only while fusing)
Could it be because of the quality of scans? missing parts? holes?
It seems after each crash, and restarting the David, some data in its structure dont set to their default values and they make David to crash in different ways.
that is why you can not reproduce the errors. because you dont have the first crash!

It will be so nice to have specific exceptions for every procedures in the shape fusion section (i know it is a really time taking and costly process).
Attachments
36.png
argo

Postby MagWeb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:52 am

Hi Argo,

to set DAVID to its defaults you may simply delete all content of the Settings directory within your installation folder (to track down this issue it would be good the save settings files which may be faulty to some different location or renaming them or..).
In case of a crash DAVID doesn't write these files in most cases. To save the current settings to file you've to close DAVID before it crashes.
Do you run the debugger? What does it say in case of a crash. (to activate debugger: Advanced settings/Service/ShowDebugConsole)

Looking at your screenshot I see in the list of scans that there are some hidden scans in the list of scans but all are selected. Fusion simple fuses visible scans - no need to mark them. Does the fusion crash also happen if you remove the hook in the checkboxes ? (Just fused with some hidden scans and All selected - here this is no problem)

Think you're at 4GB RAM if I remember right? What does TaskManager's resource monitor say? Is memory at 100%?
Doing a fusion (with an equal amount of scans each a bit lower than the one I see on your shot - same amount of scans hidden) takes 99% of my CPU power. Are there some other CPU intensive apps running? Is there an application that uses OpenGL at the same time?

Could you send or post your "faulty" Settings folder content?
MagWeb

Postby argo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi Gunter,

I dont think these crashes are related to the external settings. these might be due to some internal data that stays in the memory. because after restarting the computer i am not able to make the same crashes!. but after some time again they start to come in a different ways.

regarding to the selected scans and fusion, i selected them for smoothing and right after i made a fusion process.
MagWeb wrote:Think you're at 4GB RAM if I remember right? What does TaskManager's resource monitor say?

Yes 4GB.
It varies between 96-100% (i would say 99%)

Thank you Gunter,
Attachments
Settings.rar
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
argo

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:44 am

Hi Argo,
Thank you for posting your Settings. I see no suspicious values in there.
As Gunter said, it would be helpful to see the Debug text when DAVID crashes. Activate the Debug Window in Advanced Settings -> Service.
(@Gunter: It's not a Debugger, just a text output ;-)
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Leinad78 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:11 am

same problem for me when i tested the virtumake turntable yesterday.

david crashes when it tries to combine the scans, regardless of the resolutions.

if i scan an object by hand at the same turning angle and manually combine them via rotation around y-axis, then the software doesn´t crash :?
Leinad78

Next

Return to Bug Report