Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

[ParticularHardware] Flickering

If you found a bug, please post it here and we will try to eleminate it as soon as possible.

[ParticularHardware] Flickering

Postby Alyx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Hello,
I'v noticed that david is changing frequency of the projector, is that true? technically no, but I did some investigations:
I used patterns amde in flash and used them in full screen on my projector with camera on projection. No flickering effect at all...
When I turned on David and projector shows patterns, insane flickering effect appears.

What is the difference of david patterns and any others? What could it be?

Alyx
Acer i7 3610qm GF GT650M 2gb 16gb ram
Alyx

Re: Flickering

Postby Sven » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 pm

No, DAVID does not change any projector settings. The pattern projection window is like any other window.
Which projector do you have?
When you set DAVID to project the patterns on your monitor (screen ID) what happens?

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Re: Flickering

Postby Alyx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Hello Sven,
My projector Benq MP525, camera: point grey FMVU-03MTM.
As only I set Structured light setup, projector goes into blue screen mode (it does that every time resolution is changing) and in 1-2 sec projects normally.
I also checked patterns I made for test in flash and no resolution changes appears that's why I suggest david could be changing something, resolution or frequency.
This effect not very noticeable with Logitech c525 and can be compensated with drivers features. With ptgrey I cannot compensate flickering with FPS or exposure (as only David is closed, everything goes back normally)

Any suggestions what could cause this?
Acer i7 3610qm GF GT650M 2gb 16gb ram
Alyx

Return to Bug Report