Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Is it possible add Nurbs export?

You can post your wishes for new features in future program versions here.

Is it possible add Nurbs export?

Postby Wal » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi,
I'm new here, and have been struggling with converting mesh (obj, ply, or stl ) to Nurbs so I can easily manipulate them in RHino3D. So I am hoping you will add the 3dm or igs format to the export menu (smile).
In the meantime I have had some success by importing the ply format of a fused scan into 3D Builder, where I can use the correct and simplify commands to make the mesh more compact. then export as stl. Rhino will import the stl file fine and has a built in command MeshtoNurbs. This command however is limited to 20K faces, so unless you have lots of ram, Rhino will crash. Or you can use the Rhino command to reduce the mesh to a smaller face count. This has worked for Me, but it is still not really an optimal workflow. So please will output to 3dm or Igs be considered?
Wal

Re: Is it possible add Nurbs export?

Postby hunkatibor2 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:57 am

Hi
:D :D :D YES
Tibor
Intel Xeon E5410 2.33GHZ 16GB RAM Windows 7 64bit David 4.5.0
2 Basler A622F camera 2 Tamron Asfirical AF 28-80mm lense
LG DLP Projector PF1500G Canon D40 Tokina 17-70mm 1:2.8-4,5
Humanti Calibration panel system and Alignmed&Two camera
hunkatibor2

Re: Is it possible add Nurbs export?

Postby drndadoo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:10 am

Personally I find that option great, but converting mesh to NURBS is extremely hard. I have doubts about is it worth to develop and implement that into scanning software.
IMHO that converting process belongs to a modeling software.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to Feature Wish List