Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Scan Reordering in the Shapefusion Scan List

You can post your wishes for new features in future program versions here.

Scan Reordering in the Shapefusion Scan List

Postby micr0 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:09 pm

If you combine and un-combine groups of scans it throws the scan list out of order. This can be very frustrating. The only fix I've found is to save, delete and reload all the scans. When working on a large number of scans this is a big time waste. However, better than being able to reorder the scan list would be to not have David mess the order up in the first place.

µ
µ
micr0

Re: Scan Reordering in the Shapefusion Scan List

Postby Sven » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Hmmm. You CAN re-order the scan list. Use the Arrow Up/Down buttons below the list. Isn't that what you meant?

What would you suggest for Combine? Where should the group be put in the list? Consider there are many cases: The scans might have been spread over the list before Combine, so where to put the group?

and Uncombine: Where should all scans be listed after Uncombine? The rest of the list might have changed a lot between Combine and Uncombine... The group will usually be a group of neighbors, so many users may be happy to have these scans as direct neighbors in the list...

If you have a good idea, let me know :-)

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Re: Scan Reordering in the Shapefusion Scan List

Postby micr0 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Almost all of my scans in the scan list are sequential. That is they would be 30°away from the previous scan on one axis or another. If I combine a bunch of scans and un-combine the the scan list is no longer sequential. So if I'm looking for scan 45 it may no longer be after scan 44. I'd just like an easy way to put the scan list back in sequential order based on their scan number.

µ

P.S.
More important than that by far would be an undo button in cleaning!
µ
micr0

Return to Feature Wish List