Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Zoom on Cursor with mouse wheel?

You can post your wishes for new features in future program versions here.

Zoom on Cursor with mouse wheel?

Postby micr0 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:11 pm

It's a common thing in CAD and CAM. To have the screen zoom on the cursor location when moving the mouse wheel. Anyone who has used Solidworks, Pro-E or Inventor knows what I mean.

Thanks

µ
µ
micr0

Re: Zoom on Cursor with mouse wheel?

Postby Sven » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:44 pm

I'm not sure but I think I know what you mean:
In DAVID you can make a short click with the RIGHT mouse button to define a "point of interest" on the object. After that, all rotation and zooming refers to that point.
(The "eye" button undos that.)
Sven
DAVID Developer

Re: Zoom on Cursor with mouse wheel?

Postby micr0 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Sven wrote:I'm not sure but I think I know what you mean:
In DAVID you can make a short click with the RIGHT mouse button to define a "point of interest" on the object. After that, all rotation and zooming refers to that point.
(The "eye" button undos that.)

Thanks. Not quite what I had in mind but helpful. I'm just used to Solidworks, Pro/e and CAM apps where by you just move the pointer over what you want to zoom on, scroll and the screen zooms in and or out on that point.

FWIW I find myself in Solidworks right clicking on point of the model and expect it to move to the center of the screen a-la David.

µ
µ
micr0

Return to Feature Wish List