Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

SpaceMouse and 3D-display support

You can post your wishes for new features in future program versions here.

SpaceMouse and 3D-display support

Postby VDX » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:33 am

Hi,

found two threads from 2009/2010 regarding wishes for support of Spacemouses/3D-Navigators - is this on the schedule or available?

I've got an old Spacemouse 4000 from my company and bought yesterday a Magellan-navigator on ebay, so would be really intersted :wink:

Another interesting option would be 3D-displaying - have some old Elsa Revelator shutter-eyeglasses with IR-activating (and an even older with cable and TTL-input), so thinking about hacking the 3D-option of my graphics card for supporting the shutter-glasses or wiring a driver for the cable-type.

Any idea for generating the left/right-sync for the shutter with David?

Viktor
VDX

Re: SpaceMouse and 3D-display support

Postby VDX » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm

... maybe interesting here too - tried to find the SDK for the serial 6DOF Spaceball/Spacemouse, but the support guy at 3Dconnexion told me, it's outdated and not supported/available anymore :?

But he mailed me a document describing the serial protocoll to communicate with the devices, so I can write a small programm for Arduino to interface it on Bit/command level :mrgreen:

As they are not supported anymore, you can find them for cheap on ebay (see my test-buying a Spacemouse Plus Magellan for 19€) or as outsourced/spare parts otherwise.

I don't think, you can get a cheaper high-precise 6DOF+12Buttons controlling device with full programmable accessibility for DIY ...

Viktor
VDX

Re: SpaceMouse and 3D-display support

Postby VDX » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:05 am

... found an old project called "OrbShield" ( http://orbduino.sourceforge.net/program ... d_use.html ), that made this with a MAX233 attached to an Arduiono and interfacing/converting the 3D-controllers, so they will be detected in Windows as '6DOF+keys' HID-device without any drivers!

The shield/kit isn't available any more, but the software/driver is ... and the board is so simple, that it's no problem to assemble it 'on the fly' ...

Found another Spaceball 4000 flx on ebay for 6 Euros (+6 Euros shipping), so have actually two of the Spaceballs and a Spacemouse Magellan Pro with similar behaviour/interfacing.

My older son already reserved/preordered one of them :wink:

Viktor
VDX

Return to Feature Wish List