Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Features needed

You can post your wishes for new features in future program versions here.

Features needed

Postby Dust » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:24 am

Dual Camera Support for Webcam, and Machine Vision Cameras. Absolutely Necessary.
Manual Alignment in Several ways, similar to Rapidform with point selection alignment
Automatic removal of distorted areas by focus. If this is already implemented, it isn't very good.
Shrinking scan border based on mask as not to eliminate inner scan data with holes from parts of the object that obscure the scan.
Saving and Reloading Projector and Camera Calibration by Resolution for those of us who need fast scans, and higher detail after initial alignment
Better Calibration.

I understand that some of these things are "Hard" to do, but if David really wants to compete as a production scanner, these are necessary. Flexscan3D software is around 3000 USD just for the software. The hardware for the latest and greatest scanning that they have is 17,000. David would be able to compete easily with those costs.
Projector: Acer K11 Unmodified
Cameras: Logitech C920 - Point Grey Mono Grasshopper 3 - 2.8MP
Processor: Intel i7-3770 Quad Core 3.40GHz
Memory: 16GB DDR3
Graphics: Nvidia Quadro K4000
Dust

Re: Features needed

Postby Dust » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:50 am

I do believe there is spam on this site. I don't need a date.
Projector: Acer K11 Unmodified
Cameras: Logitech C920 - Point Grey Mono Grasshopper 3 - 2.8MP
Processor: Intel i7-3770 Quad Core 3.40GHz
Memory: 16GB DDR3
Graphics: Nvidia Quadro K4000
Dust

Return to Feature Wish List