Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Advanced calibration

You can post your wishes for new features in future program versions here.

Advanced calibration

Postby MagWeb » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi Simon and Sven,

here is my wishlist for an advanced calibration regarding a "window-setup":

1. A function to define a windowsetup ( Zero for closed "normal" corner (standard), window´s width "A" (as defineable value)) changing the calibpoints.dat (adding 0,7071067 x A to the X/Z-values if they are not equal zero).
2. Remove the filter hiding 3D-data, where either X or Z or both are negative(for scanning "backspace").
3. Reduce the detection-plane-filters of 20% of scale in relation to the window´s width ( give them a lower bound to make a object´s scan, hitting the origin, possible)

Eraser-mode (very usefull in calibrating windows):
-sometimes the eraser clips to mouse-movement even if the left mouse buttom is not pressed (I don´t like this unusual behaviour);
-would be nice if the eraser would be no brush-tool ( in this case I would prefer a round tool) but a freehand-form-tool.

But that are only improvements, David is allready a Goliath!

Thanks
Gunter
MagWeb

Return to Feature Wish List