Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Split David in Scanning and Shape Fusion Modules

You can post your wishes for new features in future program versions here.

Split David in Scanning and Shape Fusion Modules

Postby Ralf » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:15 pm

Hallo Daivd-World!
Because I am scanning the whole day ;-), I always have to wait until my automatic TT-1 has finished scanning.
Meanwhile I could align some scans done before.
I Think, we could save time to have two seperate modules which can work simultaneously.
After scanning I cloud chose the coloured Scans like before to add them from the List, which is in the scanningmodule, to shape fusion-list.

By the way:
I'm very happy that David5 is using all my 12 CPU-Cores at once. Not at all functions, but that is much quicker than before.

KG
Ralf
DavidV5, SLS-3 Stereo, TT-1 DSL-1
W10 64Bit, 32GBRAM
Intel Xeon E5-1650v3
Ralf

Re: Split David in Scanning and Shape Fusion Modules

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:19 am

Hi Ralf,

You can have several instances of DAVID running at the same time. For your case I would suggest to have two copies of the entire DAVID folder, one for scanning, one for ShapeFusion. Then each will store its settings separately.
Between those two DAVIDs you should use DAVID Project Files for export and import.

I haven't tried that. It might be that a heavy task in the "Shapefusion DAVID" will slow down the scan procedure a bit, but it should not conflict or destroy the scan.

About multi-cores: We have made many algorithms parallel, especially those that need a lot of computation power. But some things just cannot (or not easily) be made parallel.

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Re: Split David in Scanning and Shape Fusion Modules

Postby Ralf » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:54 pm

Hallo Sven, thanks for the Feedback.
To make it more comfortable it would be useful to have copy and paste funktion between the several instances.
So I can click on a Scan and copy it simply with shortcuts after scanning in the first and then use the the second for alignment.

fröhliche Grüsse
Ralf
DavidV5, SLS-3 Stereo, TT-1 DSL-1
W10 64Bit, 32GBRAM
Intel Xeon E5-1650v3
Ralf

Return to Feature Wish List