Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

David Scanning problems

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

David Scanning problems

Postby rickrustyrail » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi forum,

Rick from Rusty Rail again. I purchased the David 5 and kept trying to work with it a few weeks ago. I was having no luck cameras

would not both work at the same time etc. So I gave it a break and stepped away for a couple of weeks and hoped for a software update since working

with the david forum a lot of people having similar problems. Went back to working on the scanner this monday and there was a new version of the

david 5 software 5.0.5 and now the both cameras want to stay up and work(before one or the other camera would shut off drove you crazy because

you would get one to work the other would quit) but now that seems to have been corrected. I get what looks like a good image in focus and it calibrates as you

can see in the picture Attachment 1

so I try to scan the item and get the following message during the scan Attachment 2

Scan results Attachment 3

So not sure what the problem is? So are my cameras not in sync with each other? Do I have incorrect distance between camera and projector?

Incorrect distance between projector an item to scan.
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Attachment 1
Picture 2.PNG
Attachment 2
Picture3.png
Attachment 3
rickrustyrail

Re: David Scanning problems

Postby micr0 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:49 am

Screen capture of a very wide aspect ratio image and I cant read the text of the dialog box. FWIW, in the first image your light levels are way too hot. You need to stop the lens down so that the sign waves are not clipped.
µ
micr0

Postby rickrustyrail » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi Micro,

Thanks for getting back to me about my David 5 duel camera problem.

I messed with it and still could not get the final fused product to come out as anything but a blob on the duel camera.

So shut one of the cameras off and scanned another can it came out great picture below

Toned down the light levels.
Attachments
before.png
Before scan one camera
After.png
Results
rickrustyrail

Postby drndadoo » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:14 am

Can yu give us more info on your 2 camera set up? Is the Calibration successful? Exposure time and blend? Stereo mode or extended view?
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to 3D Laser Scanning