Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

David 5.x Laser Line

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

David 5.x Laser Line

Postby Kondor1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:16 pm

No more support for Laser line/motorized scanning in David 5 and up?
Kondor1

Re: David 5.x Laser Line

Postby WalterMo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Yes, both is removed. Look here, first post of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6770
WalterMo

Postby Kondor1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:10 pm

And i had just ordered parts to build a Katie box for the first time. I guess instead of using com port for my newly built turntable, i will have to wire in a button to advance it forward/backwards instead.
Kondor1

Postby WalterMo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:23 am

Kondor1 wrote:I guess instead of using com port for my newly built turntable, i will have to wire in a button to advance it forward/backwards instead.

But with V5 you cannot do laser scanning at all. Therefore buttons to start / stop the laser movement are useless.
Use version 4 and you will be happy.
WalterMo

Postby Kondor1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:29 pm

WalterMo wrote:
Kondor1 wrote:I guess instead of using com port for my newly built turntable, i will have to wire in a button to advance it forward/backwards instead.

But with V5 you cannot do laser scanning at all. Therefore buttons to start / stop the laser movement are useless.
Use version 4 and you will be happy.

Sorry. Went from laser plus turntable thought to turntable thought when thinking about com port loss. I meant i can just wire up button for turntable access movement due ro loss of com. I will just go out and get another like webcam and use projector to move along with the new.
Kondor1

Return to 3D Laser Scanning