Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Problem with hardware, phisical damage maybe

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

Problem with hardware, phisical damage maybe

Postby mishodar » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:54 am

Hi,

I've sls 2 scanner and it worked fine for my work. The problem is, last week it was taken to the field for scanning and after returning it began to show heavy problems. Probably someone dropped it. Or it was damaged during transporting without care. At first look everything works fine, the projector lights well and the calibration is made as it should, but after catching the mesh, it just shows the bunch of chaotic points. Sometimes it gives very very noisy scan where you can hardly find the shapes. What can I do to find the problem or should I send it to reseller? Please help me, this hardware was very important in my researches and all my works are stopped. Thank you

Michael
mishodar

Re: Problem with hardware, phisical damage maybe

Postby hal » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:33 am

Hello dear Michael,

that sounds strange: if calibration si correctly performed, it is strange that the hardware have some problems.
If the light of the projector is ok, that is the same for the lens? the focus wheel works correctly? the optics of the camera looks ok? camera focusing is as usual?

Can you share the calibrations screenshot and the scan result screenshot? Thanks.
Mattia
hal

Return to 3D Laser Scanning