Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Some basic questions

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

Some basic questions

Postby aldoz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi all guys.
I am developing a quadruped walking robot (like to Boston Dynamics little dog) and I am really far with my project.
Over one years and after I achieved walking, balancing, tactile sensors then now I am ready to give eyes to my robot.

I am really curious about terrain scan capability and finally I decided to take a look in internet to know IF I can achieve this matter too.

Some questions:

A) Can David-Laserscanner be the right device to make a decent terrain scan? (reach to see 5cm stones, or objects like chairs or walls)

B) My first idea was to calculate distance using some laser devices to obtain a scan of the forward view area of the robot.
Example: Exactly these laser devices used to calculate distance of 2 buildings.
So, David-Laserscanner is actually using this logic? or it's a total different thing?

C) Can David-Laserscanner to be used with an Arduino MEGA2560? and with or without shields?

D) Is David-Laserscanner using l2c protocol and wire libraries?

E) is David-Laserscanner a 5v device? and the ampere usage?

For now it's all! thank you for attention and sorry for my poor english
aldoz

Return to 3D Laser Scanning