Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

washable poster paints

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

washable poster paints

Postby erniej » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi,

I am sure someone has tried this by now but for those who have not I want to share this. I was having a miserable time with "bad linking". I went out and bought some white and black matt colored washable crayola poster paint. I mixed the colors together until I got a color that I would describe as dark grey. I'm color blind so that's the best I can do. I am still getting some "bad linking" but nothing as bad as I was getting before. I just tried this out but I think I will be able to make even more improvements with some experimenting.

In addition, you don't have to cover the entire object. Do a scan and then just paint the "bad linking" spots and then re-scan.

I hope this helps someone.

thanks

erniej
erniej

Return to 3D Laser Scanning