Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Another "planeless" scanning question

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

Another "planeless" scanning question

Postby pottersfriend » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

I am playing around with "planeless" scanning and, after reading Hal's helpful wiki post on the subject, I still have some questions. My setup is a little different than what Hal is using but the questions should still be applicable.

While doing the reference scan should the colored depth image be displayed? Mine is blank. Is there some advanced setting that I may be missing? The wiki post makes it sound as if it should be displayed. Or is he saying that it should be displayed after doing the reference scan and then immediately doing a repetition scan with the calibration panels still in place? What advanced setting do I have to change if I want to see the scanned calibration panels in the 3D window so I can check its accuracy?

Just a little confused but either way it looks like I'm on the right track.

Thanks for the help.
Darin
pottersfriend

Re: Another "planeless" scanning question

Postby WalterMo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm

I also prefer to see the depth image just during the reference scan. Hal wrote on his Wiki post:
„In addition, I strongly suggest to set:

7 ) Laserscanner, LaserPlaneCalculation, Triangulation, AllowPointsBehindPlanes = True
8 ) Laserscanner, LaserPlaneCalculation, Triangulation, BackgroundFilterFactor = -1“

This should help.

Walter
WalterMo

Postby pottersfriend » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:56 am

Hey Walter,

Unfortunately, I did have these set as well and it didn't seem to change the display. Still blank during reference scanning.

Not sure what's going on. I'm using a FireWire ImagingSource camera and my controller is a little different but I wouldn't think either of these would affect this.

Thanks,
Darin
pottersfriend

Postby pottersfriend » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 am

Walter,

Oops! User error. I must have put in .1 instead of -1 so now everything seems to be working. Guess I need to pay closer attention.

Thanks again for the help.
Darin
pottersfriend

Return to 3D Laser Scanning