Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Plane-Less Scanning Problems

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

Plane-Less Scanning Problems

Postby SamRogers86 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am

Hello All,

I'm working with a 10mW green laser driven by a motor. I'm running the software on a windows XP PC with plenty of power to do this. My camera is currently a Logitech quickcam orbit AF (waiting for my pro 9000 to get here). I just started toying with my scanner today and have some very successful results using the calibration panels. I've been using the motor driven laser to do this, so I know it is working properly. My question is this: Whenever I attempt to do a reference I get two errors that toggle between "Laser line not detected on the right side" and "left and right laser not on a plane." I'm wondering what is causing this to happen. I have the scan starting within the cameras view, and the laser is visible clear across the vision of the camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody.
SamRogers86

Re: Plane-Less Scanning Problems

Postby SamRogers86 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:54 am

I just got the planeless scanning to work once. I feel like if somebody could give me a step-by-step how they do it, it would really help me.
SamRogers86

Re: Plane-Less Scanning Problems

Postby eliscio » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Please post some photos of your setup and some screenshots of the laser across the panels.
www.ai2-3d.com
eliscio

Return to 3D Laser Scanning