Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

some questions about new version

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

some questions about new version

Postby Tobias » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:48 pm

Hallo @ all and particularly to the developers,

how can i use my license in David 1.4 or must i buy new license :(?

Can u explain me how the fps indicator works? I use 30 fps for scanning, but the indicator sometimes shows less then 20 fps?
Now some questions about the 3d window:
How can i choose another camera? Only cameraview on button 1 works, all other buttons show a black window!
Can u explain me the "Draw partition circle for motion identification"?
Why couldn't i switch the grabbed texture on/off, after "Fuse" the meshes?

Ok that was it first times for now :)

nice day @ all

Tobias
Tobias

Postby Simon » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:01 pm

Hello Tobias,
how can i use my license in David 1.4 or must i buy new license
Of course you don't have to buy a new license. Just copy your old license file into the new DAVID folder.

Can u explain me how the fps indicator works?
The fps indicator shows the number of frames that can be processed in a second. DAVID has to skip some frames if your PC is not fast enough to process all frames (or if the camera resolution is too high). Another reason might be the exposure time, which affects the frame rate of the camera (in this case the real frame rate does not matches the fps setting).

How can i choose another camera?
With key '1'-'9' you can choose between 9 different cameras. But all cameras (except camera 1) are not aligned automatically. So you have to press 'a' to view your object if you have chosen a camera for the first time.

Can u explain me the "Draw partition circle for motion identification"?
The assignment of mouse keys varies from inside and outside of the "partition circle" (similiar to 3D Studio Max). This is also true if the circle is not visible. Just try it.

Why couldn't i switch the grabbed texture on/off, after "Fuse" the meshes?
The reason is simple: the texture fusion is still under construction. :wink:

Hope I could help!
Simon
Simon
DAVID Developer

Postby Tobias » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:09 pm

Hello Simon,

thx for your fast help, very useful!

i scan with a resolution of 640x480 and as i said ,with 30 fps! the exposure time is 33,3 ms with 30fps, i tested it!
i only use manuell - settings, no gain, shutterspeed minimal (i think shutter is off) and b&w "on"!
i use a celeron with 1,7ghz and 512mb ram and a unknown graphic card, is the pc too slow?

Tobias
Tobias

Postby Simon » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:26 pm

Please check your CPU usage while scanning. I would say yes, if the usage is 100%. What is your CPU usage if you are in stop-mode (when DAVID shows the camera image) ? Sometimes the camera drivers and the camera image display already make a high CPU load.
Simon
DAVID Developer

Postby Tobias » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:30 am

Hello Simon,

thx for the tipp! the cpu usage in stop-mode is 100% :(
which system do you use for scanning? can you recommend me which components i have to improve to use the whole 30 fps with 640x480 for scanning?

nice day :)

Tobias
Attachments
CPU-DAVID.jpg
Tobias

Return to 3D Laser Scanning