Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Help with scan results

Questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the 3d scanning process.

Postby Ordibble Plop » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:10 am

Although plasticine looks non-transparent, in my experience it does cause some light scattering, especially the lighter stuff.

I scanned a model head made from whitish plasticine and noted a definite diffusion of the laser line on the plasticine part compared to the eyes, which I had painted with a matt white enamel paint.

It's possible this may be contributing to the noise.
Ordibble Plop

Postby Bongobat » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:09 am

Im sure youve done this but make sure you calibration point scale is set to the correct number. I got noisy results one time when I forgot to set it. Thats about all I can think of for now. Luckily if it is the laser thats about the cheapest fix.
Bongobat

Postby tetrion » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:32 am

I appreciate the suggestions, just ordered a new laser line from ebay (the one suggested) If that doesn't work, I'll try a new cam (I'm quite persistant) :roll:
tetrion

Previous

Return to 3D Laser Scanning