Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

File configuration

File configuration

Postby dropco2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi I wonder if anyone could offer some advice about 3D crystal engraving?
I've been trying to get a company to do some 3D crystal engraving and seem to be having no end of issues with file protocols.
We have a Faro scanner (sorry) of which I can take point-cloud data (.fls) which we import into recap to zip the scans together into a finished point cloud(.rcp) which allows us to use it in AutoCAD and output solid models.
The question I don't seem to be able to get answered - it seems that most of the crystal engraving machines convert to a point cloud or seemingly can use .dwg format yet I seem to be struggling to get anyone to help. Is this a case where size matters? :shock:
Could anyone reccomend someone ot help - I have a significant amount of work I could pass forward but seem unable to either get our solid models read or our point cloud data read - I'm afraid most of the operators I've spoken too seem just ot have the machine and not the support.
Any help would be appreciated?
Cheers
Mark
dropco2

Return to 3D Printing