Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Best buy of a 3d Printer

Best buy of a 3d Printer

Postby rolandito » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:18 pm

I do not know any thing about 3d Printer, I would like to know more about them.
I do not have time to make one myself, would like to buy one with good professional
results, and good quality. Amazon.com have over half dozen, I do not know where to start
Could some good soul out there give some info, what to look for and best choices.
Thanks, Rolando :?
rolandito

Re: Best buy of a 3d Printer

Postby fred_dot_u » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:24 pm

The subject of which you speak is such a wide one that a simple answer is going to be very difficult. Even today, one can find that Make Magazine has a new publication to review these devices. The previously published magazine to cover 3d printers may not be out-of-date, as the printers are likely to be available, but there are so many new models from which to choose.

Simple, inexpensive printers will provide one level of "performance" while other, more expensive models will improve resolution, add features or speed. There are many methods of 3D printing to address. Filament deposition, DLP resin, Laser cured resin, laser sintered plastic powder and if you have plenty of money, laser sintered metal powder.

http://makezine.com/volume/guide-to-3d-printing-2014/
fred_dot_u

Postby WalterMo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Rolando,

Of course, as fred_dot_u mentioned above, it's very difficult to point at that printer which is the very best choice. There are so many devices available.

What I would prefer is a DLP printer. Light source is a laser or a video projector. Its resolution is much higher than of an extruder type.

This new one looks very promising:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ku ... la-3d-prin

Walter
WalterMo

Postby rolandito » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:00 am

Thank you Fred and WalterMo. I subscribed to the Makezine, look very interesting.
Before I buy the printer I need to know more about 3d scanning, I bought the Acer projector
and I hope I can use my Canon t4i, I have to built the hardware, I got plenty of tripods and
the latest David software
Do you guy know any body into 3d scanning in the Greater New York City area(NJ, NY Cn, PA)?
Thank you again, Rolando :D
rolandito

Postby micr0 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:38 pm

rolandito wrote:Do you guy know any body into 3d scanning in the Greater New York City area(NJ, NY Cn, PA)?
Thank you again, Rolando :D

I do. :D
µ
micr0

Return to 3D Printing