Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

What version is my DAVID now? SLS-1, SLS-2 or SLS-3?

Discussions about latest DAVID developments, beta versions...

What version is my DAVID now? SLS-1, SLS-2 or SLS-3?

Postby Idea Beans » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:24 am

Hi everyone,

I'm getting slightly confused by all the different versions of SLS scanners and cameras that are available....

When I bought my DAVID it was SLS-1 with CAM 3 and DAVID3 software.

Since I have upgraded from DAVID3 to DAVID4 software, does that make my SLS-1 become SLS-2?

If I'm getting a DAVID CAM 4 Upgrade Kit for my SLS-1 in the near future, does that make my SLS-1 become SLS-3?

And if I'm getting DAVID5 software along with the CAM 4 Upgrade Kit to go with my old CAM 3, will that make my SLS-1 become SLS-3 Stereo???

When I use DAVID 5, do I choose SLS-1 or SLS-3??

Please clarify. Thanks! :P
Projector - Acer K11 / Acer P1285 SVGA HDMI 3200 Lumens (larger scale scans)
Camera - DAVID Cam 3 (preferred) / Logitech C920 HD Webcam (poor quality, doesn't work with DAVID 4)
Software - DAVID 3 / DAVID 4

ideabeans.co.nz
facebook.com/IdeaBeansLtd
Idea Beans

Re: What version is my DAVID now? SLS-1, SLS-2 or SLS-3?

Postby drndadoo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:14 pm

DAVID5 will recognize your system and choose the right one under the setup menu. SLS-X is just mark for the hardware. You can have SLS-2 with the DAVID3, DAVID4 or DAVID5. In any of this cases it is still the SLS-2 system.
If you have any problems with the setup, you can always choose "custom structured light setup".
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to DAVID Development