Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

DAVID 5 Beta

Discussions about latest DAVID developments, beta versions...

Re: DAVID 5 Beta

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:41 pm

That's what I meant in points 3 and 4 in my list... :wink:
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby conceptdsn » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:48 pm

I purchased the David 5 a couple months ago.

comments
1) i have not been able to do a good scan with david 5 the scans are skewed badly with one or two cameras it makes no difference.
I have david 4 and the same setup works so its not anything outside the david 5 software
I need a solution to this issue. i experimented with 3 computers and all three had the same result. (BAD SCAN)

2) I purchased a dslr specifically to use with david 5 and a black magic capture card. i assume i need 2 capture cards and two cameras for the dual camera setup correct?
Camera's: Canon eos t3i, 2x c615 webcams
150 mm calibration panel commonly used
acer k135 Projector/ infocus trial projector
Process computer: i7- 8 core processor, 128g ram, nvidia 6000

www.conceptdsn.com
conceptdsn

Postby conceptdsn » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:31 pm

conceptdsn wrote:I purchased the David 5 a couple months ago.

comments
1) i have not been able to do a good scan with david 5 the scans are skewed badly with one or two cameras it makes no difference.
I have david 4 and the same setup works so its not anything outside the david 5 software
I need a solution to this issue. i experimented with 3 computers and all three had the same result. (BAD SCAN)

2) I purchased a dslr specifically to use with david 5 and a black magic capture card. i assume i need 2 capture cards and two cameras for the dual camera setup correct?

forgot to add that i am using david 5.05 version

www.conceptdsn.com
conceptdsn

Postby conceptdsn » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Alignment,

The alignment in david 5 is good but it would be extremely helpful to have 2, 3 or just multi alignment points like geomagic, rexicon, polyworks
has for aligning scans. Often it will align one point and everything works first try but i have spent 10 mins or more aligning some and end finding out they actually were never aligned properly when i do the fuse.

www.conceptdsn.com
conceptdsn

Postby micr0 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:12 pm

You should try reading a thread before posting to the last (10th page) of it. Especially with a question that would be specifically answered if you had read the thread.
µ
micr0

Postby micr0 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:39 pm

Having said that....

Sven if you are still listening....

"OptimizeMultiCameraCalibration" doesn't work properly. I now have two identical camera/lenses and the "OptimizeMultiCameraCalibration" causes the scan distortion/miss alignment issues no matter what I try. Interesting note here. After adding the second camera and running the calibration rotuine I got the dialof of sucessful calibration. Not only were the calibration figures (camera angles) different from the calibration done with this option turned off. but the displayed black and white squares that are projected at the end of a successful calibration were off. They didn't align with the black dots of the calibration panel on only one side. Curious.
µ
micr0

Previous

Return to DAVID Development