Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

License hassles, must be a better way..

Discussions about latest DAVID developments, beta versions...

License hassles, must be a better way..

Postby robssm » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:02 am

Ok, it wasn't so bad when you folks were doing the licenses yourselves, however, now that I have upgraded to 4, I ran into an issue with a Windows update that disabled my keyboard and caused a registry corruption so bad I had to do a full reinstall. GVX control panel is running now lol to stop that.

So, the machine was rather dirty, so, I did a full reinstall of windows, and now I am faced with:

1) get new license for 3 which shuts me down for a few days
2) get new UPGRADE license for 4, which shuts me down for another few days

Cmon already. I realize that you guys need to make money, I have no problem with that obviously since I bought my setup. But, being shut down for what may end up a week is crazy.

Would this be fixed in the Enterprise version or? Perhaps go the route of a USB dongle? Yes, I hate them, but, I really dont' know what to do anymore. This is making me nuts.

Needless to say I have the main drive mirrored now so this can't happen again but even so, laptops change, hdds are added, etc and every time it requires a new license?!?
CPU: Core i7
GPU: GTX560m
RAM: 16GB
CAM: DMK20213UM
Projector: 3M Pocket Projector and LG PA75U
robssm

Re: License hassles, must be a better way..

Postby drndadoo » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi robssm,

by minor hardware upgrades license will work, also if you upgraded your DAVID3 license then there will be no problems to make working DAVID4 license for you.
Your info must be in database since you had to provide data for upgrade.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby gkrywusha » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:15 am

Actually, this has been quite frustrating with Windows 10. I'm quite fortunate that Sven has helped me repeatedly on this. Windows 10 Insider updates (which updates the build) does havoc with David's license as it shows the hardware being invalid.

I've gone through this at least 4 times. I've tried to even stop Insider builds by slowing them down. But I'm stuck now with always putting my system to sleep as I'm sure the next update will cause the same issue.

Greg K.
gkrywusha

Postby micr0 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:15 am

gkrywusha wrote:Actually, this has been quite frustrating with Windows 10. I'm quite fortunate that Sven has helped me repeatedly on this. Windows 10 Insider updates (which updates the build) does havoc with David's license as it shows the hardware being invalid.

I've gone through this at least 4 times. I've tried to even stop Insider builds by slowing them down. But I'm stuck now with always putting my system to sleep as I'm sure the next update will cause the same issue.

Greg K.

You should upgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 immediately and solve all your problems.

Just sayin :D

µ
µ
micr0

Postby robssm » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:18 pm

GWX control panel halts all win10 related upgrades. Get it. Its free. Saving my life right now. :)
CPU: Core i7
GPU: GTX560m
RAM: 16GB
CAM: DMK20213UM
Projector: 3M Pocket Projector and LG PA75U
robssm

Return to DAVID Development