Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Help:Installing DAVID 64bit current version

Discussions about latest DAVID developments, beta versions...

Help:Installing DAVID 64bit current version

Postby Bryan_Sang » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi,

I have been enjoying DAVID 3.9 version under 32-bit and 64-bit Windows7.

This evening, I downloaded the DAVID version 3.10.4.4657(2014-07-28) from the DAVID download site, and intalled on my original USB from DAVID.
The 32bit version works fine as expected. The 64bit version, however, does not work as 32bit.

It issues some error message saying that I don't have the License key with it. I doublechecked my USB, and I found the *.lic file in it.
The other problem I found was that the 64bit version was not updated to the version 3.10.4. Instead there is 3.9 version I installed last year.
The current 32bit and old 64bit version reside side by side in the same DAVID 3 folder together with the license file.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Bryan Sang
Bryan_Sang

Re: Help:Installing DAVID 64bit current version

Postby Sven » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi Bryan,

It seems like the update did not succeed. Maybe the 64-bit exe was still open so it could not be overwritten.
Please install the update again, using the latest setup installer.

It is normal that the "old" 64-bit exe does not run when all other files have been updated. Old and new files don't fit together. However the error message should be different than what you wrote...

Anyway please make a clean update.

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Bryan_Sang » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:25 am

Hi, Sven.

I have reinstalled DAVID3 files as per your kind suggestion.

I still have encountered the Licens Status, Error message, saying "Found unauthorized changes in one or more XAML scripts or gfx files! Please reinstall...."

I am attaching a MSWord document containing display captures on my PC monitor.

Thanks for your help.

Bryan
Bryan_Sang

Postby Bryan_Sang » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:29 am

Hi, Sven.

Sorry that I could not attach my file yet.
I did not know that Docx, Doc formats are not allowed.

I am trying to find allowable format for my MSWord document.

Thanks,

Bryan Sang
Bryan_Sang

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Bryan,

Don't need to post a doc containing a picture containing the error message.
"Found unauthorized changes in one or more XAML scripts or gfx files!" means that your installation is corrupt, e.g. some files are version 3.9 and others are version 3.10.
When you do a clean installation / update, this won't happen. Something must go wrong during update.

Please install DAVID on your hard disk. Do you get the same problem there?
You can run from hard disk, it will find the license file when the USB key is plugged in.

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Bryan_Sang » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:15 am

Hi, Sven.

Sorry for my late reply. I've been trying to cure the symptoms by checking virus, or malware residing in my PC's. One expert helped me with removing the virus/malware(?) in the David USB program. It worked OK for some time. When I changed to another PC, it was infected again.

Anyway, as you have suggested, I installed David 64bit program into my PC, and run the David program from the PC with the David USB being inserted into the PC.
It works perfect, even though I cannot read the directories of the David USB memory.

I really appreciate your suggestions.

Bryan.
Bryan_Sang

Return to DAVID Development