Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

David & MAC - does it work using parallels/fusion?

Discussions about latest DAVID developments, beta versions...

David & MAC - does it work using parallels/fusion?

Postby Painterly » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:13 am

Hi!
Does anyone know if David runs under Parallels Desktop and/or VMWare Fusion on the Mac? (or if there is any other virtual machine that works). From what I can get in reviews of latest versions, of Parallels 9 and Fusion 6, Fusion seems to be better at multithreading and some other stuff and looks cleaner, but Parallels is better on graphics with directX10 and more user friendly. Ant that both can run openGL 2.1 but neither handle openGL 3. It seems these emulators can run programs like studio MAX and such so it doesn't seem to far fetched, and then comes the thing with the usb stick also of course.

I earlier replied to an old thread in this forum, but then saw that it was a wishlist, so I'm asking here instead since it seems the more proper thread. Someone must have tried it under either programs I would figure, since the dates in that thread.
Painterly

Re: David & MAC - does it work using parallels/fusion?

Postby shambly » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:03 am

I run on an iMac with Parallels 9 / Windows7 64 bit without any issues, using SLS-1

Pretty sure I had DAVID back in the days I ran Fusion, before being seduced by Parallels cheap upgrade offer…..

Simon
shambly

Return to DAVID Development