We have been working on the projector calibration. In some cases, depending on hardware setup, the scans were a little distorted, mainly at the borders of the scan area, and investigations indicated that the projector calibration was not precise enough for some projector lenses.
We now use a more complex mathematical model and results are better.
I have tested a lot with the hardware I have, and found no problems. But I would like to ask you all to test the new version with YOUR hardware/setup and see if everything works fine, especially if the SL calibration works fine, and all scans are at least as good as before, and in some cases less distorted at the borders.
Download: http://www.david-laserscanner.com/freew ... _beta1.zip
EDIT 2012-07-22: Bug in GERMAN language. German users, please switch it to English.
Especially if you have had problems aligning scans 360°, the new version might help.
Please post any comments or results you may have. THANK YOU
PS: Other changes, for now, are:
- If license not ok, show warning at startup
- Fusion resolution: Show resulting "vertex spacing"
- More precise projector calibration
- Fusion: "Resolution" setting is now a slider
- Show tooltips also on disabled menu items
- Contact Pair Selection: Larger mouse pick radius (red circle)
- Saving with texture: Avoid non-ASCII characters in file names
- Screenshot filenames: Hour from 0-23, not just 0-11
- Remember and try to restore FPS setting of camera
- Avoid degenerated triangles in Fusion result
- a few other small fixes