Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

The UNDO function does not work.

Discussions about latest DAVID developments, beta versions...

The UNDO function does not work.

Postby Greesha » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Hello,

The UNDO function does not work when I try to clean fused object. If I delete highlighted scan and discover that I made a mistake I cannot revert back to original.

Greesha
Greesha

Re: The UNDO function does not work.

Postby Alyx » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:09 am

it is only for aligning scans
Acer i7 3610qm GF GT650M 2gb 16gb ram
Alyx

Re: The UNDO function does not work.

Postby dangre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 pm

The way I do it so I don't mess up scan files during clean up is to:
-save all my original scans before cleaning
-clean up scans as needed
-if I mess up and delete too much of one scan you can remove that file from your 'LIST OF WORKING SCANS' and drag/drop scans under 'WORKING DIRECTORY' to reload originally saved scan.
-after cleanup, I save all the cleaned scans with a suffix that designates them as 'cleaned' (I.E. scan_01 cleaned)
-after fusing, I save the fuse and I also re-save the cleaned scans so if I need to go back and try to re-fuse at a later date I have my last orientation of the cleaned scans.
Using this method I always have saved original scans, a separate set of 'cleaned' scans with proper orientation, and my fused scan. Yes, I have more than once erased more than i wanted during cleaning. I have also, more than once, had to go back and re-fuse if I found something out of alignment. Did I tell you how much i love the cleanup and fuse of David!
Dan
DAVID-CAM-1-C, Acer K11, Macro lenses for K11, Logitech Pro 9000, EOS 40D
dangre

Return to DAVID Development