Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Using Beta versions (license)

Discussions about latest DAVID developments, beta versions...

Using Beta versions (license)

Postby spikejr5342 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi -

I am currently using the beta 3.7 version to scan some things for a job. I extracted all of the files, copied my license file over, and then I was up and running. I made the mistake of not double checking and making sure that the software saw the license, and now I'm paying for that. I did all of my scans and went to save them and got the message that I don't have a valid license. Is there any way to manually tell it to search for the license? I don't know what else to do for right now because it won't recognize that it is there. The .lic is in the same directory as all of the david3 components. I only got to 21 scans before I needed to save it so it's not a huge deal but it's just an annoyance. Thanks

Josh
spikejr5342

Re: Using Beta versions (license)

Postby WalterMo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:53 am

Hi Josh,
Have you copied the 'DAVID3_license.lic' and not a former version?

You can check if DAVID has recognized the right license by clicking on the blue interrogation mark
(top right).

Or do you have DAVID on an USB drive? Then look here:
http://www.david-laserscanner.com/wiki/ ... update_usb

Walter
WalterMo

Postby Sven » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:41 am

I'm sorry Josh, you won't be able to save those files. DAVID cannot be told to look for a license - if it's not there at startup, DAVID is Free Edition and that's it.
This can be annoying and we may change this in the future.

In general, DAVID will look for license files "DAVID3_license.lic" in its own application folder (where the exe is) and on DAVID USB keys in the folder "DAVID3".

Sven

PS: DAVID runs quite stable. But still it may crash sometimes, especially BETA versions, so you should save your scans more often!
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby spikejr5342 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm

WalterMo wrote:Hi Josh,
Have you copied the 'DAVID3_license.lic' and not a former version?
Walter

Yes, I copied that file into the new beta folder and opened the program and started to scan. It was my fault that I didn't check it beforehand, I should have. Once I closed David out and re-opened it up the license was recognized. I'm not exactly sure why it wasn't the first time, but that's ok. The total scanning only took me 30 minutes or so...not a huge time loss!

Thanks!
spikejr5342

Return to DAVID Development