Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

[Solved] Negative Corner - Simulation

Discussions about latest DAVID developments, beta versions...

[Solved] Negative Corner - Simulation

Postby MagWeb » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi,

used my normal definition of an external , "negative" corner and got this result.
Shouldn´t it be a rightangled one?

Gunter
Attachments
NegativeC.jpg
MagWeb

Re: Negative Corner - Simulation

Postby Bongobat » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:11 am

Hi,

I havent delved to much into the new version yet so forgive me if what I say is already implemented or not useful.

Since Gunter brought this up I thought I would give my view of the 3D feature. Wouldn't it be easier for non technical or math oriented individuals to manipulate the 3D object visually in the 3D view to simulate the setup they want and have the numbers automatically placed in the advanced setting instead of the other way around. For angles and measurements you could give a simple rotation widget with the number of degrees updated and displayed as you are turn the panels with your mouse and for length measurement a simple ruler that expands and displays the number of units for the window you created as you drag one panel away from the other. Then when you are done manipulating the 3D simulation the way you want to build or have built your setup you just click update and David is programed for that.

Just a thought.

Greg
DealExtreme red line laser, Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000
Bongobat

Postby Sven » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Gunter,
You had to enter the value in radian, not degree. E.g. 180 degree == pi. That is not comfortable, I have changed it to degree. Now it should work fine?
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Sven » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi Greg,
Yes that would be nice, but not easy to implement. It must be intuitive, and there are lots of possibilities what angle or position the user might want to change. Also it must be precise, more precise than the mouse can do alone. Some 3D programs like 3dsmax have such features. But for now DAVID will require you to enter numbers... Sorry.
I think since the result is immediately visible in 3D, you can see if your numbers are correct. Much better than in DAVID 2. Soon the black markers will be visible too, so you know which side of the panels is the front side.
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby MagWeb » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi,

ahh radians...simulation works now in degrees as usual - thanks.
MagWeb

Re: SOLVED Negative Corner - Simulation

Postby Simon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi Gunter,
I fear that SL projector calibration will not work with the negative corner right now. But I will repair that soon.
Simon
DAVID Developer

Return to DAVID Development