Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

NOt scanning hair and no smooth surface

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

NOt scanning hair and no smooth surface

Postby jbravo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 am

1.png
David sls-2
Not scanning hair and no smooth surface and not showing texture bar.
if it can't scan hair then what is the use of this scanner for human scanning anyway?
can i make 3d selfies using this printer?
suggestions please....
Attachments
4.png
5.png
jbravo

Re: NOt scanning hair and no smooth surface

Postby drndadoo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi jbravo,

the hair is probably too dark to scan. Lines in your scan are result of a movement.
Body should be prefectly still for a good scan. You can make a 3D selfies, try to lean your head on something, maybe a wall.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby jbravo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:12 am

Hi @drndadoo , thanks for your response. you are right about the hair color , it's dark brown.
I'll try keep the head stable.
Do you know any hacks for the scanning hair?
jbravo

Postby drndadoo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:34 pm

There is a hairspray that you can use like a coating spray for objects. I forgot it´s name. But it vanish after some time. You need just a thin layer of this spray, or try to play with camera exposure, until the hair is visible to the scanner.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby micr0 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:05 pm

drndadoo wrote:There is a hairspray that you can use like a coating spray for objects. I forgot it´s name. But it vanish after some time. You need just a thin layer of this spray, or try to play with camera exposure, until the hair is visible to the scanner.

Not hair spray but spray shampoo. It goes on white and of course washes out. Still a bit messy though. Better yet but a bit more work, use spray in hair color (available at costume or make up shops). I recommend gray as to not make the contrast between the skin and hair so great as to cause exposure problems.
µ
micr0

Postby jbravo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:55 am

Dear drndadoo , are talking about MAGNAFLUX SKD-S2 spray?
if yes, i wouldn't suggest to use that because the solvent is something that might not be good for hair.
Have anybody got any other ideas?
Thanks
jbravo

Postby drndadoo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:21 am

I was thinking on dry shampoo, I saw that once but I am not sure about the name. So, you just have to spray it on your hair and after scanning is done you can just brush your hair, it will be clean :)
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to Structured Light Scanning