Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Suggested Setup

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Suggested Setup

Postby fritts » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Researching what camera and projector would give me acceptable results. Looking to be able tof scan smaller objects (6x6 in) at around .005 in resolution and hopefully be able to still scan larger objects (front auto bumpers, assuming multiple stitch he'd scans) . Trying to determine my most cost effective route. Any suggestions on camera and projector? Looking at an Acer k132 and a Logitech C920 currently.

Thanks Ryan
fritts

Re: Suggested Setup

Postby fritts » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Have a K132 on the way but still trying to figure out what camera to get. Plan on using david 5 and doesn't appear that a c920 works with the later software? Any other camera suggestions?
fritts

Postby onap » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:02 pm

I can use the C920 with the DAVID5 (with logitech driver).
I'm a newbies with DAVID, as I was reading in different post it seems that a special drivers exist for this webcam up to DAVID 4 but not sure??
Oli
onap

Postby gkrywusha » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:02 am

It all depends on your budget. I have a 920, but wanted to go with something more than the webcam. I just purchased a Imaging Source DM 23UX236 for approx. $300. This, paired with a 12mm varifocal lens, has given me amazing results from David 5. While I also have a Logitech C615 augmented to use that lens, saving for this new camera has really "upped" the quality that David 5 is capable of.
gkrywusha

Postby onap » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:28 pm

gkrywusha wrote:It all depends on your budget. I have a 920, but wanted to go with something more than the webcam. I just purchased a Imaging Source DM 23UX236 for approx. $300. This, paired with a 12mm varifocal lens, has given me amazing results from David 5. While I also have a Logitech C615 augmented to use that lens, saving for this new camera has really "upped" the quality that David 5 is capable of.

Hi gkrywusha,
Can you give me which is the model of 12mm varifocal lens you use?

Thanks

Olivier
onap

Return to Structured Light Scanning