Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

K132 texture issue...

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

K132 texture issue...

Postby gkrywusha » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:13 am

Hey all,

Just tried to add a color texture via monchrome camera with 4.5.2. Normally I don't utilize textures, but I had an interesting object. After my K132 did the normal patterns, I didn't see the RGB flashes... just a white pause. The texture captured was black and white.

I've tried to figure what I changed and can't for the life of me come up with anything.

Is there anything I should try (reinstall or other) to get the RGB back. I know that I did this several months back and it worked.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Greg K.
gkrywusha

Re: K132 texture issue...

Postby drndadoo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:22 am

What setup do you got? If there is no pattern at the end of scan sequence, then your camera is recognized by DAVID as a color camera.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby gkrywusha » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks for the reply...

I'm using an Imaging Source DMK 23UM021 USB3.0 Monochrome. David does show this camera (as named) in the software. Interestingly enough, the software shows rgb24 and y800 as options, but it now won't allow me to change from RGB24. Matter of fact, David freezes and stops responding when I try to force the change from RGB24. And, at some point in the past, the projector (Acer K132) did flash RGB with this camera. The only thing I can think is that there's a driver issue with the camera as I did update to the 2.8.9 driver (January 15, 2016) a few months ago. However, this seems to be a universal driver.

Any thoughts?

Greg K.
gkrywusha

Postby drndadoo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:38 am

If the only thing you changed is the driver, then that should be the cause. Can you roll back to the previous driver version?
You can find the driver here:
http://www.theimagingsource.com/support ... uvccamtis/
There is also a note:
"If you use an older computer model, e.g. a Pentium 4 with Windows XP and USB 2.0 cameras, we suggest to use driver 2.4.14."
Do you have USB 3.0 controller on your computer and what brand?
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby gkrywusha » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:25 pm

Yes, I have USB 3.0 directly input into my ROG motherboard. Again, this used to work. My system is pretty high end and hasn't had any issues. I had hoped that the driver would have worked and I've rolled back to a few different iterations. None of those helped. The question is... is it David? This worked prior to my updating to 4.5.2. Is there something different that could have caused this?

I will try to roll through the last year's worth of drivers for the camera. Hopefully something works. If not, nothing else has changed save for updating David.
gkrywusha

Postby drndadoo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:27 am

In the latest DAVID upgrade there is nothing about camera and picture format.
Upgrade 4.4.0. had something:
New features:
- Added the possibility to force RGBA32 texture format (instead of Y800).
In case of problems with graphics card, disable Advanced Settings -> View3D -> AllowSpecialTextureFormats.

I am not sure is this just for view mode or for scanning mode too. You can try your luck with that one.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby gkrywusha » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It isn't the camera driver. I've gone through 6 drivers with no change. However, you do bring an interesting point to the version of David. I had forgotten to update and was probably on a version prior to the 4.4 update. If this is the case, it's something to look into. I'll try that today and see if it changes anything. Thanks.
gkrywusha

Return to Structured Light Scanning