Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

missing texture

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

missing texture

Postby Anez » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:25 am

Hi everybody,

I have Davidl SLS-2 and I have a problem with texture during fusion of scans. Once after fusion is done I get nice texture, but second time with another object (I believe I do everything same), texture disappears after fusion. Does anybody have an idea what is wrong?
Thank you!
Anez
Anez

Re: missing texture

Postby drndadoo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:41 am

During the scanning process does the projector shows red, green and blue color at the end of each scan? is the "Auto. Grab Texture" Option checked in Scanning menu? Have you tried to switch texture on/off in Shapefusion menu (shortcut is "T" key)?
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby Anez » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Thank you, but yes, projector shows colours, I also have auto grab texture and today I tried switch on/off texture (shape fusion menu). It didn't help. I also know that scans must not be in a group.
Anez

Postby drndadoo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:33 am

Can you try to export the fusion as .OBJ file and see if the texture is still exported, it should be in .PNG format.
Maybe it´s just a problem for a graphic card to show the texture.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby Anez » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm

You are right! It's graphic card, on another computer it is all right.
Thank you very much!
Anez
Anez

Postby drndadoo » Mon May 02, 2016 9:13 am

You are welcome.

In the Settings > Advanced settings > View3D > AllowSpecialTextureFormats, try to uncheck this option.
It could help with graphic card problems.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to Structured Light Scanning