[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Lens added to the projector??
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Lens added to the projector??

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Lens added to the projector??

Postby mercedesmorita » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:18 pm

I have an Epson Powerlite S1+ projector. I am new with the SL scanning.
I have to use small calibration panels, of about 55 mm scale). The problem is that the image it projects is very big. If I reach to focus it to the panels the distance is about 1m, and the image is still very big.
I checked all the options in the menu of the projector and I can`t reduce the size.
Is the only solution adding a lens to the projector? In that case, which one?

Is there any option in the David software or in the configuration options of windows to reduce the size of the projecting image?

I look forward to your reply, thanks!!
mercedesmorita

Re: Lens added to the projector??

Postby WalterMo » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Hello Mercedes,

Ah, you have changed from laser to structured light. Good decision!

You have to put a convex lens directly at the projector's lens. Look here for the necessary specs:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3471

Your projector with its 1400 lumens is rather powerful for a close by projection with a small concentrated image. Normally 200 lumens are sufficient for such a small projection.
Reduce its light by the projector's settings (eco-mode). And, there is also a slider 'Projector Brightness' on the DAVID 'Structured Light' window (middle top).
Otherwise it may happen that your camera is overdriven.

Walter
WalterMo

Postby mercedesmorita » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Dear Walter,

Thanks for your reply. I changed the projector for another one smaller, and also I added a lens to focus the image closer.
I got a "good" result. But The most of the time I do a calibration it failes:

What would be the problem with this image? Does the "big cross" in the pattern have to be in the center of the corner? Beacuse I read some examples in other posts and I see that the cross is quite moved from the corner. Sometimes a lot.
mercedesmorita

Postby WalterMo » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:56 am

WalterMo

Postby mercedesmorita » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Thanks Walter, I will try putting the projector above the camera.
Regards

Mercedes
mercedesmorita

Return to Structured Light Scanning