Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

My Scans Too.

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Re: My Scans Too.

Postby micr0 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Last image. David even captured the threads post machined into the casting.

Trans Detail3.jpg

P.S.
Sorry for the watermarks. I was told I needed to.
µ
micr0

Postby pottersfriend » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:44 pm

Those look amazing! I have yet to play with v5 yet. Makes me want to go the dual camera route.

Out of curiosity what are you using for cameras and projector?
pottersfriend

Postby mgordeeva250 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:37 pm

This is so beautiful! Micro0, you definetly got talent in that! I mean, it looks so elegant that makes me think you did it in seconds, but then I realise that you've put quite a lot of effort in that. Anyway, it's very inspiring! Good luck :)
mgordeeva250

Postby Curiousjeff » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi Micr0,

Extended mode or stereo mode ?

Jeff
Panasonic GH4 4K with lens 12-35, Inogeni 4K to USB3 hdmi capture device, projectors: Acer K135/Acer K11/NEC V260X, Canon 60D, macro 60 mm, MagicLantern
Curiousjeff

Postby micr0 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:28 pm

Thanks everyone.

Jeff, Extended mode with the cameras fairly far apart(nearly 40deg included). I've been trying stereo mode with he cameras closer together for getting deep recesses and that seems to work slightly better. But only in that application. I'm going to be scanning some jewelry designs that have a lot of depth to the surface features. We shall see how that goes.
µ
micr0

Postby Kondor1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:49 pm

micr0 wrote:Thanks everyone.

Jeff, Extended mode with the cameras fairly far apart(nearly 40deg included). I've been trying stereo mode with he cameras closer together for getting deep recesses and that seems to work slightly better. But only in that application. I'm going to be scanning some jewelry designs that have a lot of depth to the surface features. We shall see how that goes.

I was going to ask to see if i could get a shot of your setup just for my own head sake. I can only hope this keeps continuing to be awesome as it has been for me the past few years....when migrated to the HP forums Nov 1.
Kondor1

Previous

Return to Structured Light Scanning