[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Numerous trouble with scans please help.
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Numerous trouble with scans please help.

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Numerous trouble with scans please help.

Postby Bruce Lee » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:01 pm

Hello all
I have been working on my scanner now for the pass 3 months and recently, I have been having a lot of trouble with it for the pass 3 weeks. I have not been able to reproduce the kind of scans I have had. Here you will see a scan I did of my home built calibration panel.
2014-10-04_11-25-12.png
Scan of calibration panel

Here are some more pictures of the types of scans I have been getting
2014-10-04_11-22-18.png
Scan of calibration panel.2

And one of the most recent ones I have done is this
2014-10-04_11-24-53.png
Scan of calibration.3

That's all I have. I have not posted any pictures of actually scans,because I think it is something to do with the calibration panel it may not be at a precise 90 degree angle but I am hoping that I will be able to get some help on the forum.
Because I still have not produce any really good scans nor have I did a fully 3d scan of an object. My setup is a Hitachi ED-X24 projector and my webcam is a HP 4310 full hd.
Thanks for reading this post and to anyone who can help me.
Bruce Lee

Re: Numerous trouble with scans please help.

Postby hunkatibor2 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi
I need a photograph of the calibration panel, and advanced settings screenshots.
Tibor
Intel Xeon E5410 2.33GHZ 16GB RAM Windows 7 64bit David 4.5.0
2 Basler A622F camera 2 Tamron Asfirical AF 28-80mm lense
LG DLP Projector PF1500G Canon D40 Tokina 17-70mm 1:2.8-4,5
Humanti Calibration panel system and Alignmed&Two camera
hunkatibor2

Postby Bruce Lee » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Here is my home built calibration panel please mind the work i did not have much to work with, such as tools and material.
IMG_0884.jpg
Calibration panel

IMG_0885.jpg
Calibration panel.1
Bruce Lee

Postby NARMELLA » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:51 am

Hi,
This kind of results will be achieved when the software can not detect the correct setup type. (VERTICAL / HORIZONTAL)
To get good results You need at least to make a better calibration panels. ( Glue calibration papers accurately ).

NARMELLA
Data projector : NEC VE 281
Camera(s) : Canon eos 600D (3x)
Software : Lets scan 2.5 + David laser scanner 3.9
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Postby hunkatibor2 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:38 am

Hi
Accept me some advice. Professional carpenter to make the calibration panel. One must invest, but very worth it. Glass laminating the printed figure, screw it, so you can easily change the size.
Tibor
Intel Xeon E5410 2.33GHZ 16GB RAM Windows 7 64bit David 4.5.0
2 Basler A622F camera 2 Tamron Asfirical AF 28-80mm lense
LG DLP Projector PF1500G Canon D40 Tokina 17-70mm 1:2.8-4,5
Humanti Calibration panel system and Alignmed&Two camera
hunkatibor2

Postby Bruce Lee » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:39 am

Thank you all so much for the information and i will put it in to use, hopefully when i make a new one it will get me back to the scans i used to have but thanks again for all the information been really helpful.
Bruce Lee

Postby Bruce Lee » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:31 pm

After taking peoples advice i went a head and made a new calibration panel. So when i first tried it worked and calibrated fine and i got the type of scans i use to have. But i went to have another try today and i was getting bad scans like i was saying before. and now my projector will not even calibrate here are some pictures of my setup and calibration panel.

Scanner.jpg
Calibration panel.1

Scanner.1 (1).jpg
Setup.1

Now here is a scan i did of a bolt when i first tried my new calibration panel and i was wondering does anyone know how i can get better quality scans with more detail or how i can improve my scans thanks.

Scanner.2.jpg
Scan.1
Bruce Lee

Postby NARMELLA » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi,
As i told it before, you need to have a good calibration panel.
And as i see the calibration paper does not stick very well.It will be a problem to dls to calibrate your scanner.

Use these links to see some good calibration panels.

Good luck
NARMELLA
Data projector : NEC VE 281
Camera(s) : Canon eos 600D (3x)
Software : Lets scan 2.5 + David laser scanner 3.9
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Postby Bruce Lee » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Ok thanks i will get some new ones thanks.
Bruce Lee

Postby Bruce Lee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:04 pm

I just have a quick question or someone what is the quality check in David on the structed light tab i was just wondering was does it do? and what setting should i have it at and how can it improve scans thanks.
Bruce Lee

Postby JDM Dyno » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:23 am

you should have quality check set to about 0.3 to 0.5 if you do a scan and change this number before adding to list you will see the edges of the scan is cleaned up the higher the number the more holes you will see in your scans, I normally set mine to 0.3 as I get clean cans most of the time.
Camera's: 2 x DFK 42BUC03 Duel Camera,
c615 modified with Computar megapixel lens
lenses: 2 x Pentax 12mm, 2 x Computar 8mm
Optoma ML300 Projector
Turntable

www.jdm-dyno.co.uk
JDM Dyno

Postby Bruce Lee » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Hello everybody i have just updated to David version 4 and my scans have some striped lines going across, along with parts of my object not being scanned could this be due to my setup again or the refresh rate I have't used David for a couple of months and i am a bit rusty and forgotten mostly everything i have learned so i was
wondering how do i get really good quality scans as most of everyone else on this forum have brilliant scans, i will post some scan pictures and my setup below thanks everyone.

Bruce.

2015-04-10_19-24-23.png
One of the better ones but yet still parts missing this was a piece of plastic so could of being a bit reflective

2015-04-10_18-57-38.png
Calibration panel

IMG_1488-1.jpg
Setup picture i have the projector sitting higher than the camera tilted and the camera to the right of the projector sitting lower down.
Bruce Lee

Postby drndadoo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:10 am

Hey Bruce :)

From picture of scan no.2 (pic of your calibration panel) I can tell that it's still bad. Try to make a better one.

http://www.david-3d.com/en/products/acc ... s/cp-set02

Also as you already saw in this forum, most people have projector and camera on the same level

http://www.david-3d.com/content/1-produ ... 2_sls2.jpg
You just have to imitate :)

Hope this can improve your scans.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Postby Bruce Lee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 am

Hello drndadoo thanks for the reply plus the information could the calibration panels be bad as i may not have the paper stuck down well on the panels. Could this be one of the main reason i am getting poor scans but thanks again for the information i will post some more scans when i get it fixed thanks.

Bruce
Bruce Lee

Return to Structured Light Scanning