[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - My scanning results by using david laser scanner
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

My scanning results by using david laser scanner

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

My scanning results by using david laser scanner

Postby NARMELLA » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi

One important reason that I'm using this software is that " David has enough accuracy ".

By using this kind of calibration panels , i can get good results.

P0.png
Used calibration panel

A caliper scan result's accuracy ...

P1.png
Measured dimension using geomagic

P3.png
Measured dimension using geomagic

NARMELLA
Data projector : NEC VE 281
Camera(s) : Canon eos 600D (3x)
Software : Lets scan 2.5 + David laser scanner 3.9
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Re: My scanning results by using david laser scanner

Postby NARMELLA » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:53 am

Hi

Scan alignment by using textures is really quick and precis .

S1.png

S2.png

S3.png

NARMELLA
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Postby MayCrown » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:47 pm

well done!

What is your equipment?

You seem to leave refinement option checked when fusing the scans, am I right?
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/MayCrown
MayCrown

Postby hal » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Hello,
Nice results. Good job. :D
If you like to reduce a little the regular noise on the surfaces, try to make a little unfocus the projector pattern over the object. That will avoid to get the pixel noise on every scans.

Regards,
Mattia
hal

Postby NARMELLA » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi

And thank you MayCrown and Mattia.
I saw your nice,precis and detailed scans in this forum .
I will be glad to get your ideas to improve my scan results.

@ MayCrown :

Here is my scanner image

ET.png
My scanner

Its structure has enough flexibility to positioning cameras anywhere around the projector and I think it has enough ability to scan tiny or large parts.

Here is another scan.

ET2.png

ET3.png

NARMELLA
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Postby BoneIndustries » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Narmella,
Are you using both cameras at the same time or do switch between one at a time for a scan? Can you provide details on the model of camera and lens that you are using also?
BoneIndustries

Postby NARMELLA » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:41 am

Hi BoneIndustries

MagWeb introduced a way to use 2 cams in david software,
Take a look to

But for me ; I'm planning to write a program to control up to 3 cam at the same time to reducing scanning time. it means i use one camera at a time now.

My cameras model is Canon eos kiss x5 and it's equals to 600d

ET1.png

My using lenses :
EFS 18-55 mm for scanning parts that their sizes are larger than 20cm x 20cm
EFS 55-250 mm + 1x + 2x + 4x closeup lenses for scanning parts that their sizes are smaller than 20cm x 20cm ; this combination make it available to focus on to 5mm x 5mm

NARMELLA
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Postby hunkatibor2 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:10 am

Hi Narmella
You want to write a program for it you are going to ask for money, how much will the cost me?
Tibor :shock:
Intel Xeon E5410 2.33GHZ 16GB RAM Windows 7 64bit David 4.5.0
2 Basler A622F camera 2 Tamron Asfirical AF 28-80mm lense
LG DLP Projector PF1500G Canon D40 Tokina 17-70mm 1:2.8-4,5
Humanti Calibration panel system and Alignmed&Two camera
hunkatibor2

Postby NARMELLA » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi tibor

:lol:

No, as i told it before reverse engineering is a part of my occupation. I need to write this program for my own use.

NARMELLA
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Postby BoneIndustries » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:05 pm

So have to run two licenses of DAVID at one time? Where does the scan data go, to both or just one license?
BoneIndustries

Postby NARMELLA » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi

You can have lots of david laser scanner instances by clicking on its executable file.

Unfortunately david laser scanner hasn't SDK until now.
But it accepts some commands via com ports.

A rough flowchart is :
- Run some instances of david
- Select port number,camera and screen id for each instance
- Control each instance via its own com port number by your program

Note :
You can set working directory path for each instance ; by sending save command , you can save your scans to the specified folder.

NARMELLA
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Postby MagWeb » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 pm

MagWeb

Postby NARMELLA » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi MagWeb

I think it can be done.

It's a good discussion, maybe needs to create a new topic .

In addition we need to have a forth instance of david to collect scans on it .

Unfortunately david hasn't a command to load a scan into its virtual 3d space.

NARMELLA
گشتاور صنعت تبریز
NARMELLA

Postby BoneIndustries » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:37 pm

The reason going to multiple cameras I can see are deceasing scanning time and # of scans needed. Going with more than 2 cameras should only make sense if there is so much detail in the object that it makes sense to go that route.

So both cameras take turns scanning and use the same projector, resulting in two different scans? This setup is not for scanning with both cameras at the same time to get one merged scan?
BoneIndustries

Postby hunkatibor2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi

Tibor
Attachments
négykamerás.png
négykamerás-2.png
Intel Xeon E5410 2.33GHZ 16GB RAM Windows 7 64bit David 4.5.0
2 Basler A622F camera 2 Tamron Asfirical AF 28-80mm lense
LG DLP Projector PF1500G Canon D40 Tokina 17-70mm 1:2.8-4,5
Humanti Calibration panel system and Alignmed&Two camera