Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Today's projector choices?

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Re: Today's projector choices?

Postby caripen » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:45 am

hello. from Barcelona Spain.
it's my first topic.
I intend to modify the Acer K132 projector, manufactured by Optoma ML-550 is the same.
I will try to modify it to project 150mm away. I have to extend the depth of field of the projection, and focal,
My idea is to change the original lens. by a lens of industrial video camera, C-mount, fujinon type or something.
Products manufactured are an aluminum support that attach the proyertor with thread C.
Has anyone tried or succeeded, I hope the collaboration of all stakeholders.
thanks
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (9.72 KiB) Viewed 891 times
caripen

Re: Today's projector choices?

Postby Martinusa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:30 pm

WalterMo wrote:@ ShadowTail:
The lens is the same but the lens barrel (where the lens is shifted in) is modified or another. So the aperture angle of the lens is the same. But the DAVID projectors enable a closer near by focusing.

Reading in the manual I've found a distance of 100mm (object to camera) for smaller objects (~30mm). Trying to achieve this I find the Acer K132 from the SLS2 kit has it's closest focus at 170mm from the camera.... What do I miss (apart from a macro lens :) )
PC: Futjitsu S-book on Intel i5; 8Gb RAM, Win7 64b ; SW: David 3 ; HW: SLS2 kit: Acer K132 and David 3.1 M camera
Martinusa

Previous

Return to Structured Light Scanning