[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Pattern Holding time in David 3.5
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Pattern Holding time in David 3.5

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Pattern Holding time in David 3.5

Postby vchmiele » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:47 am

This feature seems to not exist in the advanced settings? Is there a way to adjust it manually?
vchmiele

Re: Pattern Holding time in David 3.5

Postby WalterMo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:40 am

Up to now I couldn't test DAVID 3.5.1 because my projector is lent.
But I found a possibility to change the pattern holding time here. Have you tested it?
Attachments
Pattern speed.jpg
WalterMo

Postby vchmiele » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:57 am

No, this does not allow me to control the exact pattern holding time.

The reason that I need this feature is that I have a technique to acquire scans with my D60 by collecting frames manually.

Basically, I use David to project the fringe patterns very fast and I record video at 1080p at 30 FPS. Using this technique I can manually pull frames from the video and then process them in David.

I have successfully captured scans in about .7 seconds. This is very useful for full body scans.

I absolutely NEED this capability for my work. Unfortunately when I upgraded to 3.5, 3.4 was deleted. Do you happen to know how I can reinstall the previous version?

Thanks,

Vince
vchmiele

Postby VDX » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:16 am

... this option was moved to "Advanced Settings->Texturing" - see here:

PatternHoldingTime.jpg

Viktor
VDX

Postby vchmiele » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 am

Hi Viktor,

This does not seem to affect the frequency in which patterns are projected. I think it has more to do with controlling the texture acquisition. Maybe Sven can clear this up.
vchmiele

Postby VDX » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:09 am

... there is an option "Frequencies" in "Advanced Settings->Structured Light", that is set to 8 as default and can be reduced to 3 or rised to 12 - but this affects only the size and repetition rate of the sinus patterns, not the time specs.

And yes, changing the "PatternHoldingTime" didn't change the time between frames (what's the function stated in the description!), so this could be a bug?!?

Viktor
VDX

Postby WalterMo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:05 pm

WalterMo

Postby vchmiele » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks Walter, I will give this a try. How do I export hi res scans from the beta version? Is there a way to just download the fully functioning (non beta) version of 3.4?

Thanks,

Vince
vchmiele

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi Vince,

Here is a link to 3.4.0: http://www.david-laserscanner.com/freew ... 0.3008.zip
Please also try 3.5.0_beta2, I'm not sure if your trick will work there: http://www.david-laserscanner.com/freew ... _beta2.zip
I would recommend to use the old version only for projection. Please use 3.5.1 for calibration and scanning with the ImageGrabber.
(You may have noticed that the order of patterns is different in the new version. Don't worry about it, use the old 3.4 order for projection and import in that order in the ImageGrabber, even in 3.5.1, no problem!)

In any version (beta or not) you can copy your license file into the application folder, then it is fully licensed.

About PatternHoldingTime
This option does not exist in DAVID 3.5. The projection and recording of images works differently, there is no need for a PatternHoldingTime. The "PatternHoldingTime" in Texturing is irrelevant, we just forgot to remove it... :oops:

We are working on a new setting that will help you, will make faster projection possible again. Please be patient.

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby vchmiele » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks Sven, that clears up a lot for me!
vchmiele

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Important note: In 3.5.1 we have added a NoiseReduction which does not work with the ImageGrabber... :oops: Please set it to 0 at Advanced Settings -> NoiseReduction.
See viewtopic.php?p=24790#p24790
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Return to Structured Light Scanning