[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Small Scale Structured Light Scan of a Dragonfly
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Small Scale Structured Light Scan of a Dragonfly

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Small Scale Structured Light Scan of a Dragonfly

Postby Christian_Mendez » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:00 pm

I´m a Dragonfly!

Dragonfly_HD1_full_res.JPG

Projector - Acer K11
Camera - @ 2048x1536 / 2,1 fps YUY2 compression
Scale - 77mm

No interpolation
No smoothing

Considering the fact that the wings are transparent, I´d say that this scan did´nt turn out that bad. The dargonfly was not "whitened" and has been scaned as "is".I´ll decide to ignore the camera noise for the time beeing :wink:

ps. The dragonfly was dead already - I did´nt have to kill it :)
www.greyscale3di.com "if it ain´t movin´, we can scan it!"
Christian_Mendez

Re: Small Scale Structured Light Scan of a Dragonfly

Postby benoy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Excellent scan Christiain Mendez,
:D :D :D :D :D
Can you tell me what is the size of your calib panel?
What are the projector details lens etc.
Instead of Trust HD Web cam can we modify a Microsoft HD WEB Work? Trust HD Wb cam not available in India.

Benoy Mathew
benoy

Postby Christian_Mendez » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:23 am

hello benoy,

the panel scale is 77mm as mentioned above (sorry if that was not clear).
Acer K11 with extra lens (lens unknown) - K11 is focusable @ about 30cm.
I can´t say if the Microsoft HD Web can deliver the same quality after modifying it with a CS lens.

cheers
Christian_Mendez

Postby Laserlover » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:43 am

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Our community library in Ottawa, Canada has a David 3D SL2 scanner but the staff knowledge and documentation are both very poor, so it hardly ever gets used. They don't have much of a clue, and my two attempts at using the equipment were utter failures.
I realized that I cannot rely on library staff (very disappointing and clueless) and am determined to successfully do a 3D scan of a Dragonfly .
My goal is to make a 360 degree scan and then print it in a high resolution 3D UV hardened resin based printer. I hope to use that model to make a mold using the lost wax method and make jewelry.
I was wondering how you set things up and did you get a 360 degree 3d scan ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Rick
Laserlover

Postby hunkatibor2 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi

Tibor
Intel Xeon E5410 2.33GHZ 16GB RAM Windows 7 64bit David 4.5.0
2 Basler A622F camera 2 Tamron Asfirical AF 28-80mm lense
LG DLP Projector PF1500G Canon D40 Tokina 17-70mm 1:2.8-4,5
Humanti Calibration panel system and Alignmed&Two camera
hunkatibor2

Postby Christian_Mendez » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:09 am

Hello,

It´s hard to give you any help because I don´t know what exactly you´re having a hard time with. Macro scanning is basically shrinking down your setup according to your
subject. If you know how to calibrate your system etc...then that should´nt be a problem.Reduced depth of field on the other hand will be a problem - this can be
solved by closing the apperture of the camera lens.

So if you are just starting out you´ll need to learn how to:

-Calibrate your scanner
-Know your way around DAVID (editing, navigating in shape fusion)

Get some experience and absorb every relevant information you can find in the forum. There´s a ton of info around here...

cheers
Christian_Mendez

Postby JDM Dyno » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:23 pm

you may find this useful for setting up scanner Rick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV43yrAeIBM
there is 4 videos

Cheers Johnathan
Camera's: 2 x DFK 42BUC03 Duel Camera,
c615 modified with Computar megapixel lens
lenses: 2 x Pentax 12mm, 2 x Computar 8mm