[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Canon EOS support
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Canon EOS support

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Canon EOS support

Postby vchmiele » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:47 am

I am a bit confused about what support David has for the Canon EOS (I specifically have the Canon 60D).

Can David control the camera in burst mode to acquire high resolution images? If not, what cameras can David control for this purpose.

Thanks,

Vince
vchmiele

Re: Canon EOS support

Postby Byung-gyu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:58 am

Hello, Vince

There are several merits when using Canon EOS If you dont have DAVID CCD but you have Canon EOS.

I'm pretty confident that it's much better than webcam when it comes to scan quality, speed.

Canon EOS is more verstile compared to webcam or DAVID CCD. Because as you know you can take a picture or make a movie in daily life as hobby.

When you scan, you can change lense to get various scan size. in general, DSLR lens is more accurately manufactured than webcam lens
so I'm exepecting less distortion.
But that is my opinion because DAVID Team didn't say anything about it officially.

As you said before you have 60D right? then why don't you give it a try if you don't have any camera or Just webcam.

DAVID can not control Canon EOS, So you have to use it with canon utility.

To set focuse, you have to set it manually with your own hand like DAVID CAM.

Even though I have DAVID CAM, Quickcam pro9000, I bought canon 600D for some reasons.

But it doesn't work like 550D which some people in this forum tried and succeeded.

So please tell me if 60D works with DAVID or not.

Thanks

Byung-Gyu
Byung-gyu

Postby vchmiele » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:11 am

I know that the Canon 60D will work in principal. However, my specific need is to have David 3.0 control my camera in burst mode and synchronize it with the projector. That way, I can take a full high resolution scan in less than two seconds. Hopefully, this is already available, or Sven has mentioned the prospect of a David Pro version with more control capabilities.

Hopefully someone in the know can clarify this for me.
vchmiele

Postby Byung-gyu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 pm

I think you are expecting from DAVID more than me. Maybe only DAVID team can answer your question.

Before your other expectation, DAVID should support 60d.

DAVID has just started to support Canon EOS.

And it's really great job I think but I don't think DAVID is able to support all the EOS.

What I mean is It should support all Canon EOS in principle. But it's not.

I checked 550D, 5D, 600D with same PC, but DAVID doesn't work with 600D and other people in this forum said 1100D doesn't work too.

That's why I asked you to check your EOS(60d) first.
Byung-gyu

Postby Sven » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Hello,

DAVID 3.2 does not work with the EOS 600D. In the meantime Canon has released a new SDK version which should fix the problem. We have included the new SDK in DAVID, please try this test version:
http://www.david-laserscanner.com/freew ... 0.2674.zip

Edit 2011-12-13: This test version requires the .Net Framework 4.0.

Please let us know if the 600D (and other model) work.

Thanks!
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

SL with Canon EOS support 1000D

Postby hal » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Hello Sven,

I've read your call about "if others EOS works", and here my answer.

David 3.2 beta 2674
Canon EOS 1000D 768x512
PicoProjector 800x600

It work! :D

Here below you can see a couple of tests. In the third you can see that the scans overlap correctly, so, no lens distortions.
Hope this help to have a quick feedback about Canon EOS implementation.

Best Regards,
Mattia

p.s.: the first scanned subject was chosen because this object is caming very very rare in this period, especially here in Italy ... :?
Attachments
MatM_50€_OneSideTest_1.jpg
50 Euro, one side scan.
MatM_50€_OneSideTest_2.jpg
50 Euro, some shaders applied and the wireframe view.
MatM_SprayBottleTest.jpg
Quick and raw test with a spray bottle, just to check that there aren't scan distortions.
hal

Postby Christian_Mendez » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but what I understood was that the EOS 600d is not confirmed to be supported by DAVID 3.2 right?

But it should be working with the latest test version of DAVID which has CANON's latest SDK?... Correct?

:Ch

I think I'll wait a bit more for this to get confirmed before I buy the camera.

Christian,
www.greyscale3di.com "if it ain´t movin´, we can scan it!"
Christian_Mendez

Postby nowobijo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:11 am

If you guys have problems with your camera try to use ExtraWebcam .
http://www.extrawebcam.com/
Supported cameras

Canon EOS 1000D/1100D/450D/500D/550D/600D/40D/50D/60D/7D/5DM2/1DM4
Canon EOS Rebel XS/XSi/T1i/T2i/T3/T3i
Canon PowerShot A60/A70/A75/A80/A85/A95/A300/A310/A400/A510/A520/A620/A640
Canon PowerShot G2/G3/G5/G6/G7/G9/G10
Canon PowerShot Pro1
Canon PowerShot S1 IS/S2 IS/S3 IS/S5 IS
Canon PowerShot S30/S40/S45/S50/S60/S70/S80/S400/S410/S500
Canon PowerShot SD100/SD110
Canon PowerShot SX100 IS/SX110 IS
Canon IXY 200a/300a/320
Canon IXY PS S200/PS S330/PS S230
Canon IXY IXUS v2/IXUS 330/IXUS v3
Canon IXY DIGITAL 400/500
Canon DIGITAL IXUS 400/430/500/II/IIs

Regards,
jmn
nowobijo

Postby vchmiele » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:15 am

I have tried using my Canon 60D as a webcam, however the highest resolution that I can achieve is 1024x768.

This camera shoots in full 1080p. How can I take advantage of this higher resolution?
vchmiele

Postby macdaddyjaz » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:49 am

Correct me If I am wrong but with David using the Canon as a webcam it can only achieve the 1024x768 - probably a limitation of the Canon SDK or something complicated like that!

As I understand it (as I asked a similar question) David Enterprise will use the Canon as a still camera and I guess that the resolution can be fully exploited - in its automated format.

I haven't tried it with V3 but as the previous V2 of David, I expect you can use the image grabber to generate a scan from 12 manually captured images from your Canon. This should be able to make use of the higher resolution of the camera - although a long winded process. I believe Gunter did this

I have a 40D and I can say that I am waiting for the enterprise edition - but the results I am getting at 1024x768 are really quite good!

Hope this helps (and that I am accurate!!)
-Optoma EP1690 - 1280 x 768
-Canon 40D
-Macbook pro on bootcamp
-Home made adjustable rig mounted on a telescope tripod
macdaddyjaz

Postby nemo_uk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:09 pm

I just tried David 3.2 beta 2675 with my Canon 600D and unfortunately it does not work.

I tried it on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows XP ... same result ... the camera appears on choose video source list but selecting it does nothing.

ExtraWebcam works OK so I think that would imply something is not working in David ??
nemo_uk

Postby fox » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:17 am

i just tested it with canon eos 7d.
it does work.
resolution is about 1024x 700
i can't change this resolution in david.
i can't change any settings on the camera. camera is adjusting light automatically. (bit painful)

how it works if camera is changing aperture? i don't think that this is something what we want. do we?

ah, camera brightness in david doesn't work as well.
fox

Postby protowax » Tue May 22, 2012 5:03 pm

protowax

Re: SL with Canon EOS support 1000D

Postby protowax » Wed May 23, 2012 6:43 pm

protowax

Postby dangre » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:50 am

Dan
DAVID-CAM-1-C, Acer K11, Macro lenses for K11, Logitech Pro 9000, EOS 40D
dangre