Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Suggestions for My Setup...

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Suggestions for My Setup...

Postby eliscio » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:01 am

Hello All,

I just borrowed an Epson projector that has a native resolution of 1024x768. I tried this evening to project some of the fringe patterns and I had much better success at scanning the background plane than my 3M, Mpro 120 LED projector.

However, I am still not getting the kind of resolution that I would expect from this kind of setup and certainly not near as to what people have shown on this forum.

So, I need some assistance. I am using the Logitech 9000 to record the photos and I could switch to my digital SLR, but I have noticed that when the images are too big, DLS hangs.

I can post some images of my background scan (which was ok), but it wasn't a nice solid scan. It was as if there were an evenly spaces set of holes throughout the whole thing. So, I am thinking it must be me!

Can I use the deafult image in David? Can I use the highest resolution on the Logitech 9000?

Thanks!
Last edited by eliscio on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.ai2-3d.com
eliscio

Re: Suggestions for My Setup...

Postby eliscio » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Just wanted to report that I tried to projrct patterns, 1024x768 made with the little app that Sven provided, but I get more or less the same thing.
www.ai2-3d.com
eliscio

Return to Structured Light Scanning