Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Eye-Fi - WIFI SD card

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Eye-Fi - WIFI SD card

Postby MagWeb » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 am

Hi everyone,

I got an Eye-Fi card and checked out its usability for structured light purposes, here are first impressions:

I ordered it for I saw a possibility to get an (almost) universal solution to get images from a digicam to a PC (without switching the cams mode to a PC mode, that happens with many cams, if you connect them to PC via USB).

Once set up, the card sends new shot images to a defined directory on your PC automatically. This works....
BUT:
- to upload a 12 image serie takes more time than you´d need to remove the card from the cam and to put it into a card reader (or to switch the cam's mode to PC and connect it via USB);
- the card does not send the images at once (after you did the shots) but waits some time ( seems it waits whether you´ll do more shots);
- the card seems to need some battery power (I´ve the feeling that my battery runs only about 2/3 of its usual time using this card);

This card is an option for difficult setups where you do not want to touch your cam, but I think at its current speed it is somehing for patient guys.

Gunter
MagWeb

Re: Eye-Fi - WIFI SD card

Postby moog » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:15 am

thanks for the info, i have also been interested in this option, but it seems you've shown it's use is limited
LC532-5-3-F(16x65), BenQ PB8220 DLP Projector, logitec quickcam PRO9001, Casio EX-FH20
moog

Re: Eye-Fi - WIFI SD card

Postby funtasma » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:11 am

Thanks for testing. I liked the idea as well, when I heared about this card, but my DSLR takes CF-cards, so this was no option. Which card did you test. I thought, that different capacities have diferent speeds, right? Or do I think about another producer?
There is also the flu-card and I think at least one other producer for those cards.

Anyway good to know your results.

-Benjamin-
funtasma

Return to Structured Light Scanning