Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

My first succesful scan!

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

My first succesful scan!

Postby Strob » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:08 am

I tried scanning using SL patterns but I could not obtain good results...

I used white line projection with a Benq W1000 1080p projector and a Canon DSLR T2i using 1080 video in 30 fps.

I projected a line I created in after effect. 1080 frame of a 1 pixel line going down a 1920x1080 black frame. So my line should go down one pixel every frame.

I scan this extra terrestrial I sculted a while ago and molded in foam latex. the result is far from perfect, it's my first try and I just used 3 scans (front-right left). The projector was horizontal and the camera filmed from higher. I will try coming closer to the subject with the projector to get more resolution.

Strob

Postby hal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Hello,

as first try, isn't so bad :D

Tray again and good work,
Mattia
hal

Re: My first succesful scan!

Postby Strob » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:41 am

Well the one pictured in my first post above was not so bad, that was the result of the white line projection. The really bad one was the one with the patterns (I did not kept a picture of that one).

With the white line it's way better for now I think.

I did another test just by getting my projector closer to the subject to get a bit more resolution. I'm pretty happy now with the details I could get! Sadly I could not fuse it cause I increased the fuse resolution from 500 to 1000 and David crashed instantly! I did not save before... Anyway I have the trial version and don't even know if I could have saved anyway... My next try will be to scan a human being (I'm presently looking for guinea pigs amongs my friends).

Strob

Re: My first succesful scan!

Postby hnphan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:47 am

nice :D
how long was the white line scan?
hnphan

Return to Structured Light Scanning