Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Help: Problem when scanning with projector

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

Help: Problem when scanning with projector

Postby reode » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi,
I tried several times to scan objects. Already read some topics related to this matter but I don't think I am doing it right.

Can somebody help me with this?

I have posted the images (see below) from my latest scan. Hope somebody sees where I am making the mistake(s).

Steps I have done (maybe the images aren't the problem):
- Place the calibration image
- Do the calibration manually
- After calibration successful I place the other 12 images.
- Click the next button and select the thin gray line (also tried with the default red line and the green line) with no result.

Thank you in advance.

http://filefactory.com/file/b2ebac0/n/ScannerFront.zip (scroll way down to the basic download type to start downloading).

PS1: I used Sony H50 / Sony DSC-H50 to capture the images

PS2: Any pointer or direction on what I am doing wrong is highly welcomed. Am I doing something with the angle that causes my problem or is it the size of the images? If you want me to post the files to another file download service please tell cause I'm kinda stuck and desperate :(

LE1: I added sample images below.
LE2: Changed the topic title (to make it more concise) and added the PS2.
Attachments
Original_Resized022.JPG
Original image done with the camera. Resized for forum upload.
CroppedNoColor_Resized22.jpg
The original image was cropped to focus on the object. I also desaturated (black/white image). Resized for forum upload.
Cropped_Resized22.jpg
The original image was cropped to focus on the object. Resized for forum upload.
reode

Re: Help: Problem when scanning with projector

Postby hnphan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:34 am

your images look way too bright XD
try making the contrast much higher so u get deep black (0,0,0 in the color picker on your lines)
hnphan

Return to Structured Light Scanning