Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

News on Structured Light?

Problems, solutions and discussion about scanning with a video projector and stripe patterns.

News on Structured Light?

Postby Delphi » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi!

Any news about structured light scanning in DAVID?
Haven't had much luck with it in DAVID yet... I think my projector (Panasonic PT-AX200E) can't make the projectionsize small enough for a working scan or the Upscaling is the fault. :(

I tried also this one: http://code.google.com/p/structured-light/
unfortunately somehow I only get 2D-stuff back, no pointclouds... not sure what
I do wrong... without a manual to look for to use the capture and decoder-tool...

So, any new way to make a good facial 3D-scan with a camera (PlaystationEye and Canon EOS 350D)
and a projector?

kind regards!
Delphi

Re: News on Structured Light?

Postby MagWeb » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi,

did you try the version Three_Phase_Scan_24_05 of the google code based on Processing (trunk/Processing/Three_Phase_Scan_24_05)?
This is a scanning workflow (but without calibration)
This is designed to get a quick result based on only three images - so the quality will be below DAVID scans.

To get DAVID SL working have a look as the image series posted in the DAVID meets Structured light topic to get an idea of how they should look like. Cam settings are very important (as usual) here.
MagWeb

Re: News on Structured Light?

Postby Delphi » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:30 am

Do yo mean from http://code.google.com/p/structured-lig ... nloadCount or from where?

Obviosly I didn't... :)
Delphi

Return to Structured Light Scanning